Her eyes stilled into a specific carving.

It is a cabin made of wood, with a chimney. Like it was placed in the middle of the forest. She gazed deeply and Merida could fully see every tiny details of the cabin. The metal curved knob of the door, the whole structure of the building.

She held up her hands.

But something is missing.

It was dull... and dark. Sad and too silent for her. That is what she is looking at. It was left abandoned.

Merida moved her fingers.

And slowly...

Slowly.

"My, my!" The crooked voice welcomed.

Merida almost jumped in shock. Slowly putting her hands down, she moved her head and followed the train of voice that echoed throughout the store. She walked and turned the way she was before.

And then, there was an old lady in the counter. Her white hair with tints of gray in a messy bun. Her skin was sagged. She was wearing large round golden earrings. Her dress is more like a rag cut into different pieces sewn together.

She grimmed a smile.

"Another customer." The old lady said while tapping her fingers on the counter, long nails scratched into every tap.

"What brought you here, young lady?"

Merida was slightly taken a back. She held her head at the back, pointing her finger to where she was found in the first place. Her mouth was left ajar.

"I-I was just looking at the- your carvings." She corrected swiftly and stared all over the place.

"Ya made all of these?"

The old lady took time to answer. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Yes. Most of it."

Merida nodded.

"It's impressive."

The redhead turned her back again, her foot moved. And another step.

Another-

"Ah-ah!" The old lady cautioned. "Don't go any closer."

Merida's eyebrows twitched.

"Come! Come." Her old rough voice initiated.

Furious and confuse, Merida had no other options but to follow what she said. She was intrigued by the sudden raise of autonomy. She has the right to move around and satisfy herself to whatever pleases her. She came here with a concrete decision. Not to be asked and entertained.

Once she had reached the counter, the old lady began searching for something- opening couple of cabinets and closing it after. The counter is a mess, with lots of scattered papers, pencils, metallic knife, cut woods and so much more. Merida didn't even noticed it at first.

"Ha!" She squeaked.

And the old lady pulled out a middle sized box... with carved ancient lettering Merida cannot understand at first glance. She blew out the dusts and Merida almost choked of coughing.

"What are ya tryin' to do?!" She asked in disbelief.

"There. There." The lady whispered softly.

Merida opened her eyes and watched her.

"I am giving you this."

"What?" Merida asked.