Chapter One

Chapter 1

"Sam wake up! We're leaving for your cousin's in an hour!" Mom called from outside my door. I let out a moan and removed myself from bed. 

    Don't get me wrong, I love my cousins. It's just the fact that they live an hour away and it's 11:00 in the morning, and I hate sitting for hours in a car. It's July too, so there's bound to be traffic. Apparently today my cousin is having a friend over. I think his name is Harry, at least that's what I've heard. 

    I trudged my tired body over to the bathroom and started up a shower. I looked at myself in the mirror for the first time. I looked ratchet. My blond hair was frizzed and sticking out everywhere. My make up that I was too lazy to take off was giving me raccoon eyes. My tank top was down so low that you could see my entire bra. I was just a mess. I took off my clothes and stepped in the boiling shower. I must have been in there for a while because the water became cold. I grabbed my towel and wrapped in under my arms, I looked in the mirror and wiped the remaining eyeliner and mascara off from under my eyes. 

    I guess I should introduce myself now. Well, I'm Samantha Oxx but I go by Sam. I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm a dancer, hip hop, not that girly ballet shit. I'm not the skinniest girl around, but I wouldn't say I'm obese or fat. I honestly HATE my body and will do anything to become skinny. Other people say they like me the way I am, but I think it's only because I have a big butt. Girls say they would die to have a butt like mine, but I hate my butt it makes me uncomfortable. My skin isn't smooth and perfect, I have my breakouts but I'm not covered in acne. I don't have perfect straight teeth, they're average I guess. I'm short, I'm almost 5'2 and I'm done growing. I'm known as the loud, funny one, who always laughs and smiles. I have a bubbly personality you can say. 

    I have an older sister named Nicole. She has down syndrome and she's 20. Then I have a younger brother named Brian who's 13. He's annoying but hilarious when it comes to my family and friends. My mom and I share a close relationship. I tell her everything and she gives me good advice. My dad and I have a decent relationship. He's at work most of the time, but when he's home we get along. I have 4 best friends, Kristen, Kelsey, Josh and Taylor. I haven't seen them much lately, I've been locking myself in my room and sleeping. I'm not myself lately and I don't know why. I have one person that I can always count on though. Sara. She's my cousin, the one I'm going to see today. Her brother is the one who's friends with Harry though. Sara is my best friend, my same brain. I love her to death and I can't wait to see her today, it's been almost 2 months since I last saw her. Back to the present now.

    I changed into my white bikini and slipped a Tye-dye v-neck over top. I put on some black shorts and some flip flops. I put on minimal make up, since it was only my family. I added some eyeliner, mascara, and a little cover up for my pimples. I let my hair air dry, so it would result in natural curls. I packed up some things, like deodorant, make up, perfume and some sunglasses. I got ready pretty quick, I grabbed my iPod and phone and walked downstairs. 

"Finally! We've been waiting here forever!" my dad exaggerated. I rolled my eyes and followed them out to my mom's Chevy Traverse. I crawled into the back seat and plugged in my music, blasting it in my ears to drown out my family. We were driving for about an hour when my phone vibrated. 

From: Sara McChesney

I's so excited to see you today! It's been forever! Miss you like crazyy! Where are you now? xx

We pulled up at their house. It was an average sized house, with a nice pool. I quickly got out of the car and made my way into the backyard, where I saw Sara, her back facing me. 

To: Sara McChesney

Be there at about...now. Look behind you! xx

I sent the text and waited for her to turn around. Finally she did and she crashed into me for a hug.