Chapter IX: Fairies in the Wind

Start from the beginning

"In fact, I heard one gave some big shot a real thrashing!" Bob said to Makarov, who was sitting on the table and was eating chicken drumstick with a drink in his hand.

"Oh, you must mean Lucy! She just joined!" Makarov said nonchalantly, however, the man was drunk. "She's great! Supple and voluptuous!" He said.

"Oh! So naughty~!" Bob said turning away and covering his face with his hands.

"This is no time to be laughing, Makarov," said a male voice from behind him.

His name was Goldmine, the founder and the current guildmaster of the Quatro Cerberus Guild.

Goldmine is a slim man of average height, who appears to be in his late fifties or early sixties. His mildly squared face is covered in several wrinkles, specifically at his mouth's sides, below his eyes and on his forehead. 

Despite his seeming age, however, Goldmine's hair is kept in a youthful style, almost reaching down to his shoulders in a straight cut. Covering the man's eyes and hiding them away from sight at all times is a pair of sunglasses  

Goldmine's slender figure is covered by a simple set of dark clothes, namely a plain T-shirt and a pair of pants. Alongside them, however, he dons a distinctive headgear, being a dark hat reminiscent in shape of those worn by fictional warlocks and witches, possessing a wide brim and a torn top pointing backward. Circling the hat is a lighter band sporting massive, rounded spikes, and is a virtually identical accessory that comes in the form of a collar around Goldmine's neck, those being a pair of elements which are a trademark of Quatro Cerberus.  

(A/N: Basically a slave collar.)

(A/N: All Hail to the master of probably the stupidest, useless and weakest guild ever.)

"Your people may be spirited but they always go too far," Goldmine said.

"Hmm...that's why we're number second and you're wherever you are," Makarov said in his drunk voice.

(A/N: This dog just got roasted. Tell me if you get the pun, sorry it was really bad.)

"I hear some of the guys on the council are worried that Fairy Tail's gonna go and obliterate an entire city one of these days," Goldmine said, swinging around his kebab he had that was on a stick.

"I want to be obliterated! By Lucy's body, that is!" Makarov exclaimed.

"Oh, you know you shouldn't get involved with your own wizards like that!" Bob said with one hand on his cheek and the other flailing around.

"Master Makarov! Master Makarov! A letter from Miss Mirajane!" said a high-pitched voice.

Makarov turned around to see Pii-chan flying towards him, holding a letter in his claws.