You Knew? (Chapter 41)

"This place is literally underground" Sarah stated as we walked down several flights of stairs in this abandoned wear house. "It's just a basement" Nick laughed wrapping his arms around both of us "besides, you'll be surprised when you see it." He cocked his eyebrow and walked ahead of us to the big metal door. Austin's arm caressed the small of my back as we stopped while Nick fumbled to find his keys. "You okay?" He whispered and I looked up at him, his eyes full of worry. "Just as long as you don't get hurt" I said truthfully, he tried to hide his smile as he looked away but I cupped his face. "You're blushing" I teased and he jerked his head away, "not here, you're embarrassing me" he whined in a kiddish voice, "oh yeah, you have to be all tough now right?" I taunted and he looked hurt. "I'm always tough" he pouted and Nick turned around, "you guys are annoying" he laughed and Sarah pushed him lightly "they're cute, leave them be." She warned and he rolled his eyes playfully as he opened the door. Austin walked closely behind me while we walked into the nicely furnished room, there was an actual ring in there, six big punching bags, weight benches, mats, and jump ropes and gloves hung up on a wall beside a huge mirror. "Wow Nick." It was so clean and organized. "I told you."

"He said what?!" Sarah nearly shouted, I quickly covered her mouth and looked around, everyone was caught up in their own thing. "I haven't told Austin, I don't know what to think of it, I mean I spent hours thinking about it, maybe it was to the wrong person" I shrugged and looked over to where Austin was, he and another guy were lifting weights, he looked, as oddly of it is to say, he looked so calm and at peace. "Okay, true, true. But what if he didn't and he confronts you in front of Austin, then you two will be in another argument because I know how sensitive he can be." I nodded to what she said and looked back at him, his eyes met mine and he did a double take, giving me a small smile. "He loves you so, so much, just tell him tonight." His eyes diverted from mine and I sighed, patting Sarah's leg. "You're right, I'll tell him when we get home."

"Charlotte!" I looked up at Nick and saw Austin standing beside him, his hands wrapped up and his shirt off. "Ready to watch his first fight?" Nick patted his back and I felt my stomach drop. "Wait, what? I thought this was just a practice or whatever" my heart raced and Austin looked down, "you knew?" I half whispered and I stood up to leave but Sarah grabbed my arm. "Charlie" her voice was soft, as she pulled me back "let him do what he wants" I know I should, it's not my life. "But who's gonna be the one to take care of him if he gets hurt? Me, that's who." I lashed out and she let go of me, hurt written on her face. "I'm sorry." I mumbled and she shook her head. "You have every right to be worried, but sometimes you gotta let them learn for themselves" she leaned in closer to me and whispered "plus I think it'll help with his anger" I took a deep breath and faced the boys. "Okay Austin, go get em"

Needless to say, Austin won, he got a couple good blows to the stomach and face causing cuts and bruises, but he won. Me and Sarah sat on a bench while we waited for the boys to come out of the locker room. "He did really good" Sarah exclaimed and I nodded, "really good, almost too good" I stared at the ring and she put her arm around me. "That's what anger does to you, you hold it in too much but you gotta let it out somehow, he just chose this." She said and patted my back nodding her head towards the back. I looked up and saw Austin smiling widely at me. I stood up from the bench and his arms wrapped around my waist, my arms around the back of his neck, "you did so good" I whispered and he leaned down, resting his forehead in the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry I doubted you" I felt him shake his head "just stop talking" he laughed and hugged me tighter, man I love him.

It was later than we thought when we got back home, after we left the wear house we went out for a celebratory dinner at Chili's with some of the other guys Austin had met. The house was quiet and dark when we walked in except for the living room tv that was left on. "I'm going to to to bed" Austin half yawned as he walked to the couch. "Do, um would you wanna come upstairs?"