Date (Chapter 11)

"nothing" I said pulling my hair over the bruised skin. Peyton's lips pulled into a smile and looked at me and Austin.

"You two? really?" He laughed and I hit his chest.

"Shut up" I hissed and he held the area where I made contact with.

"It's not a bad thing, i'm just...wow....you move on fast Char" he laughed and I frowned.

"Are you saying I'm a slut?" I said, my voice cracking, his smile faded and he shook his head.

"No Charlie...no. I didn't say that" I put my face into my hands and let out a few soft cries, his arms wrapped around me.

"Please Charlie I'm sorry" he said and I looked up to wink at Austin before making my cries harder. I grew tired of making fake sobs so I pushed him off.

"Don't be such a dick" I laughed and his face was priceless.

"What?" he said and Austin laughed at his expression.

"It's on, you just wait" he angrily teased and walked into the living room leaving me with Austin. His arms wrapped around my waist instantly and pulled me to him kissing my neck lightly.

"You ready for our date?" he whispered and I turned around wrapping my hands around his neck.

"I'd like to shower first, and maybe change." I said and he smiled.

"Ok, we'll i'm ready when you are." he said under a whisper and leaned down kissing me once, I smiled against him and he pulled back. I ran my thumb over his bottom lip and ran my hand down his chest before grabbing my bag and heading for the bathroom.

~~~~

I looked in the mirror pulling my curls to the front so it laid over my thin loose floral button up that showed my stomach a bit, my faded blue short shorts making my tan glow. I fixed my makeup and stepped into the lounge area, Robert was on the couch with Shaelee atop him, his eyes widened as they landed on me while hers narrowed and gave me the death stare, she noticed Robert drooling over my outfit and turned his face towards hers. I rolled my eyes and walked to my "bedroom" receiving a couple whistles from the boys on the opposite side of the room. I peeked through the door and Austin was laying on the bed looking at his phone.

"I'm ready" I said causing him to jump at my voice.

"Jesus" he laughed and caught his breath before standing up. I stepped in closing the door behind me and his eyes traveled my outfit, a little curve on his lips revealing a smile. His strong hands reached for my delicate ones.

"You look...wow" I blushed at his words and he kissed my nose softly his warm breath tingling my senses. I grabbed the collar of his thin white button up and ran my hand over the buttons to the last one.

"I like this shirt on you" I said biting my lip, his fingers brushed my cheek and lifted my chin to connect our lips.

"Thanks" he whispered, I pulled out of the kiss and nodded my head towards the door.

"Let's go" he smiled and opened the door for me. I smiled at my feet and walked towards the front door with Austin right behind me. I heard a couple whispers in the background but chose to ignore them. We walked out and Austin jogged to Alex's car retrieving a woven basket, he turned around with a smile on his lips.

"When did you do this?" I said in awe and he intertwined our fingers leading me to the beach.

"Before you woke up I asked Alex if I could use his truck, then me and Pey went into town." He squeezed my hand slightly and I pushed myself closer to him. We walked a little ways down the shore line to get out of the view of the cabin before setting up our little picnic. We both sat on the deep red blanket and I watched as he brought out the food, there were strawberries, grapes, bananas, and cut up pieces of water melon, he pulled out 2 cokes and 2 lunchables. I laughed as he set them down and he frowned at me.

"I didn't have time for sandwiches" he laughed deeply and I kissed his cheek wiping away the embarrassment.

"It's great" I chuckled and laid on my stomach propping myself up on my elbows. It was amazing, the things we talked about were secrets I would've never thought telling anybody, I opened up to him 100% and he did the same. We shared the food like a cliche date and laughed at ourselves because of how cheesy we were acting. My body slowly inched toward his and we laid together, my head on his chest while his grip was held tightly on me. I played with his fingers that rested on my side and laughed as he told me about his worst date with a girl. My laugh died down and a silence loomed between us. It wasn't awkward, it was comforting and special.

"You're the only girl I ever slept with you know" he said nearly audible, I chuckled a little and poked his side.

"Yeah...ok" I said sarcastically he intertwined out fingers and put his lips to my head.

"I'm serious" he mumbled an embarrassing tone taking over his voice, I moved my eyes to look up at him and frowned.

"Austin......I-I" I said shaking my head.

"You and Robert, I know, I know, but it doesn't bother me." He said softly

"It bothers me though, I mean, I've always....it's complicated." I sighed and he caressed my cheek stroking his thumbs over my now indented cheeks.

"I know, but I'm going to show you how much you mean to me, everyday, even if nothing happens between us, I won't stop chasing after you, I realized the guy I am...or was. Was a total asshole. I'm changing, back to the real me, for you...and Grace."