Not Worth It (Chapt 26)

I stood there in his arms, taking in the scent I loved, I could feel his lips on my ear as he whispered 'I love you' over and over. Every time his grip grew tighter, my hand rested behind his neck and moved to his jaw as I pulled away. My fingers traced the marks that were left and his cheeks turned pink, he placed his hand over mine and put it to his chest. He slowly leaned down, lips lingering over mine, his pulling into a smile, I turned my head to the side feeling my cheeks burn. He moved his with mine and nudged my cheek with his nose, gently his lips pressed to the corner of my mouth, I knew my teasing would bother him, but I caved in and turned so his lips hit mine. I felt him smile and he kissed me harder, moving our lips together perfectly then moving to my jaw and downward.

"I love you so much Charlotte" he whispered into my neck, peppering kisses around my sweet spot. I hummed in response as he nipped at the spot on my neck, my fingers landed on the back of his neck and trailed through his hair roughly. Before this lead to something else I moved my hands to the side of his face and pulled him back to my lips kissing him softly.

"Not now." I mumbled and he nodded, his hands falling to my hips and he pulled me with him, he took a stop on the couch and patted his lap, I rolled my eyes and ignored his gesture, I grabbed a pillow and placed it on his legs before laying my head in his lap, I heard his breath hitch and I turned on my side so I faced his stomach. My hand rested on his torso and I felt his fingers tug at the rubber band in my hair letting it fall free before running them through it.

"How was work?" He asked while moving my hair from my face. I traced the logo on his shirt and shrugged.

"It was ok" I said simply, my voice trailing off with tiredness. He nodded and continued to play with my hair, his other hand on my side securely.

"What happened today?" My curiosity took over my mouth and I regretted asking, even if I wanted to know, I knew he wouldn't want to talk about it. It's been a long day for both of us and I guess I wasn't thinking. Instantly Austin's body tensed and his fingers were removed from my hair, and ran through his own. His eyes were fixed across the room and they grew angry. I watched his jaw clench and he shook his head before moving his gaze to mine.

"I don't want to talk about it" he said through his teeth. The Austin I was just talking to was now gone. I sat up from his lap and looked at him intently.

"You broke my shit, I think I deserve an explanation" I snapped and I saw the anger rise in him. He stood up and I followed his actions, standing my ground.

"Charlotte, I said I don't want to talk about it." He yelled stepping closer to my face, I felt my heart drop and my body tense with fear as he stood over me. I quickly shook it off and stepped back gaining more space.

"This is why you have problems Austin! You keep everything bottled up inside you and you let it out by breaking and hitting shit!" I yelled back, my face instantly fell when I realized what I said. I could see the veins in his neck sticking out, and it just rose the fear inside me.

"I know I have fucken problems Charlotte!.... You know what, you're not worth the argument" he angrily laughed and I felt myself shatter inside, my face started to heat up and I felt the tears flood into my eyes.

"I'm not worth it?" I choked out letting my tears fall. "Austin, I am your girlfriend, I deserve some kind of explanation for this, If you won't talk to me, I can't be with you" I cried and his jaw clenched again before he let out a grunt, I watched his eyes roam the room and he pushed past me before connecting his fist to the wall.

"Why can't you understand that I don't want to talk about it!" He shouted, hitting the wall again this time leaving a red mark on the part he impacted. I quickly ran over to him and pressed my hands to his chest in attempt to push him back, he gripped my wrist in his hand and shoved me off him.

"Don't" he hissed, looking at me with his dark eyes. I heard a creak from behind me, and I turned around to see Grace staring at Austin, fear painted on her face, she turned to me before running back towards her room. My breath was caught in my throat, I looked back at Austin and he had the same expression written on him.

"This is exactly what I didn't want her to see" I lashed out, and his face fell.

"I'll....I'll just go then. You're better off without me"