Dark side (Chapter 12)

His words made me smile, the way his voice carried truth as he told me, I couldn't help but believe him.

"So you're staying" I said quietly and he smiled.

"I will do anything to get you back, to believe me again, I put my right hand up to god, this is a promise." I caressed the back of his neck with my small hands and kissed him sweetly, the smile on his lips made me mirror him. I laid my head onto his chest and looked out into the sparkling water.

"I love you" he said below a whisper and quickly covered it up hoping I didn't notice. My heart went crazy at his words knowing they were true.

"It's beautiful" he said as his arms snaked around me and I hummed in response.

"I think we should go in" he whispered leaving light kisses on the mark he gave me. His lips left me as he rose to his feet, he took my hands in his and pulled me up onto the sand, he cleaned up our mess and packed everything nicely, we took our time walking back mostly in silence. We stepped onto the porch and he set the basket down beside the door.

"We should do this again" he smiled a tint of pink sprinkled on his cheeks.

"Do what?" I asked, wanting him to properly ask me.

"I would like to take you on another date Charlotte" he said taking my hand in his, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand making small circles.

"I don't know...I mean you brought lunchables" I teased and he shook his head, his cheeks flushing.

"I didn't have time" he laughed lowly and I stood on my tippy toes pulling him so his lips were right above mine.

"I'd love to go on another date with you" I whispered my lips brushing his with every other word. He smiled widely and pushed his lips to mine. He intertwined our fingers and opened the door pulling me inside, everyone looked at the odd couple before them with confused expressions except for Peyton and Sarah who both smiled and nodded at us. We both felt uncomfortable so he took me to the room. My free hand was pulled and I whimpered at the sudden movement into someone's chest, I looked up and saw Robert peering down at me.

"What the hell Charlie!?" He yelled and pulled me further away from him.

"Let me go" I spat and he pulled me down the hall, Austin quickening his pace to follow.

"She said let go" he yelled and Robert slowly released me.

"Why are you with him?" He hissed and I backed up into Austin, his warm body strong and tense.

"You don't own me" I said taking Austin back into the lounge area, all eyes still on us.

"At least I didn't make you cry yourself to sleep" Robert called from behind us, my heart stopped and Austin's sad eyes met mine.

"You don't know our relationship" Austin snapped and he laughed

"Oh I don't? But I think because of the shit you put her through she cried all the time, and who was there me, not you, you're a piece of shit" he said towards him, my eyes brimming with tears.

"At least he'll be loyal and won't fuck a slut the night of his break up" I yelled pointing at Shaelee. I felt Austin's body shake with anger against mine and I grabbed his hand, giving him a reassuring look.

"You wanna go?" She spat across the room swiftly making her way towards me, my grip released from Austin's hand as she approached me, Robert quickly pulled her back, and she took a few swings missing me each time. Peyton ran up to me and took me out to the balcony as I cursed at Shaelee.

"I'll beat her ass Peyton, I really will, just wait" I said pacing the deck as the adrenaline pumped through me. I calmed myself and realized Peyton was gone, I looked into the water. I heard a couple footsteps behind me as I leaned over the balcony, a warm hand placed over mine, I looked over at Alex and gave him a smile.