Proving it (Chapter 13)

"Shit" Austin cursed as I wiped the cuts on his hand. I carefully dabbed and held a warm cloth onto it. His hand rested in my lap as I sat on the side of the tub in the bathroom.

"What exactly happened" I whispered keeping my eye on his hand as I wiped the stray blood off his long fingers.

"I don't wanna talk about it" he said quietly.

"Ok" my voice cracked and I finished cleaning his knuckles. Under all the blood the cuts were a lot smaller than expected, I rubbed Neosporin on them while receiving breathy curses from Austin. When I was done I got up from the tub and walked into the hallway.

"Charlie" he said. I shook my head and walked to the lounge.

"Charlotte" he called and took my hand as he jogged up to me.

"I need you to tell me" I said and he sighed taking my hands and leading me into the kitchen away from the others that watched us from the couch.

"He kept talking about me, saying all the things I did to you, he was pushing me around and I got tired of holding back, he hit me a couple times and i lost it, I just kept hitting him, the next thing I know he's taken to the hospital and now you're scared of me" he looked down and I picked up his chin.

"I'm not scared" I defended myself and he half smirked.

"Prove it" he whispered, I leaned up and kissed him, our lips moved together as I laid my hands on his chest and he winced but held onto the kiss, I pulled back and lifted his shirt to where my hands rested, a huge black and blue mark revealed. I ran my fingers over it and his stomach caved in as he gasped. I frowned at his reaction and took his hand in mine taking him into the bedroom. I lifted his shirt over his head and feathered kissed around the mark. My feelings for him grew, all I wanted to do was take care of him and be with him every second, the next phrase that slipped my mouth surprised me.

"I want you to make love to me" I said quietly in his ear and he forced his lips to mine, lifting me up, carefully laying me on the bed, I scooted back so my head hit the pillows and he hovered above me planting kisses to my neck I eagerly arched my back and grinded against him. He moaned onto my chest and I entangled my fingers with his hair.

"No, I-I can't" he said removing his lips from me.

"What" I groaned and rested onto the bed.

"I want to make sure what we have is real before we do this" he said laying his forehead on mine. I sighed at his mature behavior and he laughed deeply sending vibrations to my lips.

"Believe me babe, I want to so bad, you have no idea." He whined.

"I know, I can feel you" I giggled at how he was pressed against my thigh, his cheeks turned a light pink and he raised himself off me laying by my side.

"Don't be embarrassed" I laughed and kissed his flushed cheeks.

"It's awkward" he said as he bent his legs to hide it. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder while rubbing his chest.

"You touching me doesn't help the situation" he laughed and I removed my hands from him.

"Sorry" I laughed and rolled off the bed changing into one of his shirts.

"Oh my god" he said under his breath as I teasingly stripped my clothes. I turned my back to him and let my bra fall to the floor. I slipped into his shirt and turned to Austin as he stood by the door.

"Im going to the bathroom" he mumbled avoiding my eyes as he made his way towards the hall. I followed behind him but turned to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water. The cabin was quiet and I peeked into the rooms that were all empty no one was here, I walked out to the balcony and noticed the rest of the cabin by the beach, Shaelee and Robert still gone. I walked back in and past the bathroom hearing soft moans with a couple of grunts after. I smiled to myself and hurried to one of the couches as I heard the water run seconds later. He came out buttoning his jeans and smiled at me sitting beside me.

"Can I touch you now?" I laughed and he nodded wrapping his arm snugly around me I rested my hand on his thigh and squeezed lightly when I heard the door behind us open, I turned around and saw the others walk in.

"Hey" Sarah coo'd at us as she pulled Alex behind her. Me and Austin waved with small smiles and they sat on the couch, Zach, Tyler and Whitney went to their rooms right away after their sweet hellos to us both. Peyton sat on the empty spot beside me and I laid on his shoulder.

"Thank you" he whispered, and I nodded sitting back up.

"Where's uhh...wheres Robert?" I asked and I heard Austin shuffle beside me, I squeezed his thigh lightly while I looked at Peyton, he put his hand over mine in comfort and I leaned into him.

"He has to stay over night due to the damage done, and then going home...with Shaelee." He said sadly and I felt Austin shift as he angrily got up and walked to our room. I put my head down and sighed, I lifted myself up and gave Peyton a hug.

"I'll go talk to him" he offered and I shook my head.

"I got it" I sighed showing him a smile. He shook my hand and I waved to the happy couple on the couch before stepping into my anger filled room. The veins in his arms were sticking out as he leaned on the foot of the bed. I closed the door quietly and slowly made my way to him.

"You ok" I whispered and he stood straight, his broad stance frightening me.

"No, I put somebody in the hospital Charlie. Do you think I'm ok?" he cracked, I stepped back from his intimidating figure and tried to reach out to him but he moved.

"I was just trying---"

"We'll stop!" He yelled and I shook at his tone, I closed my eyes and looked down letting the tears escape from my eyes. I hurried to the door but Austin grabbed my wrist lightly letting my fingers only brush the knob. I tried to pull away from his embrace, but with his strength it wasn't worth the fighting, I cried into his bare chest in fear and other emotions I couldn't handle, I broke down in his arms and he held me close.

"I'm sorry" he whispered probably a million times into my ear and my cheek as he kissed it softly, his chest was wet with tears when I pulled away.

"I didn't mean to yell" he said while cupping my fragile face and wiping my tears, He left a few kisses on the sides of my lips and I tilted my head so he met them full on, his forehead slowly pressed to mine as he pulled away.

"I know I have...problems, but please tell me that you know I'll never hurt you or Grace, ever, I might get angry but I would never touch you or let you be touched by anyone in a harming way. Just please tell me you know that" he pleaded with big eyes.

"Yeah....I know....but I don't care if you get angry, or mad, for whatever reason, I don't want Grace to see you like this, how I've seen you, I-I can't have her see you like that ever, Austin." I said harshly my voice a bit shaky but he nodded in agreement.

"Ok, I promise" he said quietly, I mumbled him a 'good' and laid onto the bed, the covers were lifted over me as I felt Austin's warm body press to the back of mine, wrapping me in his arms.

"I love you" I whispered before my eyes were closed, Austin's lips pressed to the base of my neck and his touch quickly disappeared.

"I love you too"