Chapter 29: the blackmail

jasmyns P.O.V

i made a decision to go and tell bailey and colby what i had just heard. i was still processing it as i made my way to their room, amanda was blackmailing elton with telling baileys parents where bailey was living. i understood now, god i should have listened to him. he probably would have told me everything if i hadnt been such a bitch. i walked towards colbys room to hear muffled sounds, i could barely make out what they said. "jasmyn..........best friend............. no!.......... im not leaving her!" bailey finished before exiting the room to see me standing by the door. she pulled me into a hug "ill never leave you, especially when your going through something this serious" she said rubbing my back. "eltons being blackmailed" i blurted out as colby exited his room with his hand in his hair. bailey pulled away from me and put her hands on my shoulders before pulling me into another hug. "jasm- i- wait what" colby stuttered trying to process the information that had just left my mouth. bailey pulled away from the hug and looked at me waiting for an explanation. "well, i was sitting on my, well actually eltons bed and i got a call from him" i told them the story and i told them how i think he butt dialed me. "and amanda said she would tell baileys parent where bailey was if elton stayed with me." i finished. colby wrapped his arms around baileys waist and pulled her into a hug from behind. bailey turned around to face him and dug her face into his chest and began to sob. "they- that-theres- they cant find me" bailey sobbed into colbys chest with him rubbing her back.

Baileys P.O.V
~reverse to earlier~

After Colby and I hugged for a solid 5 minutes I pulled away. "I have something to ask you, and we don't have to do this now but can we go to my parents for thanks giving?" Colby asked me nervously. Thanks giving was pretty soon probably in like a week and I didn't want to leave jasmyn, especially right now. "I mean, maybe once this whole Elton thing is figured out" I said trying to think of the way this would play out. "Well I already bought the plane tickets we leave on tomorrow night I'm really sorry, we don't have to go but my parents really want us-" I interrupted him "what! You already bought the plane tickets and told your parents that we're coming! I cant do this to jasmyn I'm sorry" "please just-" I once again interrupted him "no! I'm not leaving her while she's like this!" I finished before walking out of the room, when I exited the room jasmyn stood there with tears rolling down her cheeks. I immediately pulled her into a hug to comfort her. "I'll never leave you, especially when your going through something this serious" I told her since she obviously heard our conversation. "Elton's being blackmailed" she blurted out. I pulled away an put my hands on her shoulders before pulling her into another hug. Colby stuttered something but I couldn't understand him. We hugged for quite a while before I pulled away and let her explain. She told me all about how she found out "and amanda said she would tell baileys parents where bailey was if elton stayed with me." Jasmyn finished, my heart instantly fell to my stomach and I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull my into a hug from behind. I turned around and dug my face into Colby's chest hugging him tightly. "They-that-there- they can't find me" I struggled to find words. Colby rubbed my back softly and comforted me. "Bailey" Jasmyn's soft voice called my name from behind me. I wiped my tears from my cheeks and turned around facing her "I-uh- I think I have a plan" I looked at her confused before she continued "I know that you and Colby are planning on going somewhere or Colby is and he wants you to go with him. I heard you guys arguing. Maybe you should and Elton could come back, Amanda could call your parents and they would come and check the house see you weren't here and leave. You guys could come back after your vacation and everything might turn out ok" I tilted my head in thought. Could this work, what if my parents hurt jasmyn or what if Amanda finds out that I left and knows were I went and sends them to me. "If your nervous then we don't have too, but it does sound like a good idea, we would be all the way in Kansas. Bailey?" Colby had a point but I was still nervous "it's worth a shot" my mouth blurted out before I could any harder about it.

{time skip}

We discussed the plan and Colby printed out the plane tickets that he had already booked the day before. "Um jasmyn do you want to hang out before I have to leave for 2 weeks?" I asked her nervously, I was definitely going to miss her and I still didn't want to leave her in the situation that she was in including all the pain that she was going though. I knew that Elton was going to be here but what if they fought, what if he broke her heart more than it already was.Jasmyn nodded and shyly said "do you want to watch a movie or rick and morty and eat food and have some soda or something" i couldn't help but laugh and I took her hand and we headed downstairs. She went to get the soda and make some popcorn and I headed to the game room and put on Rick and Morty. "Hey would you mind ordering some pizza and maybe sending it to my room" Colby said from the stair case. I slowly picked the pillow that was next to me and threw it at him. The pillow hit him in the face and he laughed before running back upstairs. I got my phone and went to the dominos website and ordered 2 pepperoni pizzas. "I'm really going to miss you" jasmyn said as she walked around the corner with a 2 liter of sprite and a small bowl of popcorn. "I'm going to miss you too" I said through laughs, she looked at me confused until she realized that I was laughing at the amount of soda she had and then she began to laugh with me.

{time skip to the next night at 6pm}

Colby and My flight to Kansas left in 2 hours which means we have to leave in 30 minutes in order to make it there on time. My bags were packed and I was ready to go. A slight knock on Colby's already opened door told me someone was there and I turned around. "Hey bailey" jasmyn stood in the doorway with her phone in her hand on the phone app. It was on Elton's contact "I can't bring myself to press call" she said hanging her head down in shame. I slowly walked over to her and took the phone from her hands. I pressed call and put it on speaker. "Hey! Jasmyn uhh what are you uhh doing. Why are you calling me?" Elton said answering the phone. "Hey Elton it's bailey, uhh are you alone?" I spoke into the phone. "Yea why what's going on where's jasmyn" Elton's voice held concern. " we know about Amanda blackmailing you" I heard Elton gasp but I continued "Colby and I are going to Kansas so come home and let her call my parents. I won't be home for 2 weeks so if they do fly out  here, which I guarantee they will, I won't be here and they will think she's lying. Come home to jasmyn. me and Colby are leaving in 30 minutes so you can come home tonight ok" I heard keys jingling from the other side of the phone "Amanda's at the store so I'll come over now and when she gets home I won't be here and she will probably come over there first, I'll be there in 45 minutes" Elton said obviously rushing "ok" I said I was about to hang up when his voice interrupted my actions "and bailey" "yea?" I responded "thank you" he said so soft it was almost a whisper "anytime" I said before hanging up the phone.

A/N: hey guys, I will try to update before Friday but I don't know if I will be able to. I'm boarding a cruise Friday so I'll probably be busy packing ect. I'll be gone about a week probably a little bit more.

Love you!

Till next time