{Eighteen}

The others kept going in and out of the room, taking turns to check on you. You knew they were planning something, but they were trying to pretend like they weren't. They didn't want to worry you too much, they claimed, because you needed to focus on getting your own strength back.

"You're healing faster than we anticipated," the doctor said. "It's odd, really. It's only been a day, and you're in much better condition than we could ever have hoped. We were hoping to get your permission to run some tests to see what it is that's allowing you to heal so quickly."

"No." There was no question about it. It was your werewolf blood that was aiding the healing, and the last thing you wanted was for some doctor to start probing you. In fact, all you wanted to do was leave the hospital, but it was impossible to convince the others, especially while they were making a plan to save Bambam without you.

The next time Mark entered the room you grabbed his arm and looked into his eyes. "Please tell me what's going on. I want to help. I want to make sure Bambam is okay." You were desperate, knowing Jackson was a mess. Jackson tried to hide it when he came to visit you, but you had heard his shouting in the hallway, and you saw the bags under his eyes. Bambam was missing and in danger, so of course Jackson was going crazy. Bambam was his best friend after all.

Mark stroked some of your hair behind your ear. "The best thing you can do is get better." He leaned forward but then hesitated. You two hadn't quite discussed what you were to each other yet, so you could tell he was holding back kissing you affectionately.

"Not for Bambam," you muttered. You wanted to contribute in any way possible.

"For you." Mark then added quietly, "And for me. Knowing you're safe will help me stay strong for Bambam."

You grabbed his hand. "Mark, I can't just sit here and do nothing. Bambam's my friend." No matter what argument you made with Mark, it was the same story. He just wanted you to focus on healing, but now that you were well enough to stay awake for most of the day, you were going stir crazy.

It was the same deal with Jaebum, only he at least gave you more information. "I want to help Bambam."

"Stay here and rest." Jaebum sat farther away from you than Mark did. It was almost like he was giving you up, knowing that in your heart you had already chosen Mark, but he still cared about you, still wanted to make sure you were okay. It was heartbreaking, and you hated it, but you couldn't stop it without lying to yourself.

"I can do more if I helped you guys." You looked directly at him, even though you knew he was avoiding all eye contact.

"Not in your condition." He bit his lip. "Look, we're making the best plan we possibly can. We want to go into this battle with all of the information available, because we want to save Bambam and take out the Winchesters."

"Is that why you're taking your time?" If it was up to you, you would've rushed to save Bambam immediately, but clearly the others were more experienced.

Jaebum looked at you almost as if he understood your exact concerns. "They won't hurt Bambam, at least not seriously. They're using him as bate, knowing we won't just leave a member of the pack behind. That's why we have to be extra careful. They're expecting us."

"Then let me help. I was with them. Maybe I can help give you information about them." You knew you sounded desperate, but that was exactly how you felt. You needed to feel useful.

Jaebum stood up and walked over to you. He leaned forward and kissed the top of your head. "It's okay. I don't want to bring up painful memories for you. We've dealt with them before, so we have enough information." He walked away from you then, and that was when you realized they still thought of you as broken.