|Three|

Jaebum's scent hit your nose, and you felt a little dizzy. Jackson stepped in front of you protectively, which surprised you, since he didn't know you very well. "I think it would be best if you left."

"Why?" Jaebum asked. "I'm not causing any issues. I just want to get to know this lovely lady. She smells delicious."

You looked at the others who were with this Jaebum, and they all took a step closer, making you feel uncomfortable. Even you knew that it was important for werewolves to keep their cover in public places. It was bad enough that there were novels out there about werewolves, making it harder to keep your identity a secret.

Jackson growled, and you could see his claws coming out from his fingertips. You weren't sure how to feel about this situation, since you didn't know anything about Jaebum and his pack, but you didn't really know Jackson either. Either way, you felt uncomfortable and knew the tension wasn't good. You grabbed Jackson's shoulder and tried to get him to relax.

"Please leave us alone," you said. "I don't want any issues.

Jaebum snickered at you. "You're cute, and it's not like I'm causing any issues. It's your guard dog here who's making a ruckus."

"Which is why I'm asking you to leave," you said, making your voice sterner and taking a step forward.

"Oh, very commanding. I think I'm going to like you," Jaebum said. He reached out to touch you.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her," Mark growled, pushing through Jaebum's pack. He stood in between you and the alpha.

"Ah, so she must be your mate," Jaebum concluded from Mark's level of fury.

"What are you doing here?" Mark demanded.

"I came here to ride the rides, just like everyone else." Jaebum's eyes flicked to your face, and even though his intense eye contact made you feel uncomfortable, you couldn't break away from his stare.

Youngjae quickly caught up to Mark and put his hand on Mark's shoulder. "We shouldn't do this here. People are starting to watch."

Mark's chest tightened, and he hated the smug look on Jaebum's face, but Youngjae was right. Out of all of the places for something to start, here would've been one of the worst. There were too many people, too many families, too many children that could get hurt if a fight broke out among the two packs. Mark took a deep breath. "You're right, Youngjae. Besides, he's not worth my time." Mark turned away from the other alpha. "Come on guys. Let's get out of here."

"I'm sure we'll see each other again, soon," Jaebum chuckled, pleased with the reactions he received. "Before you go, there's one more thing." He was still making direct eye contact with you. "Don't let these fools take advantage of you. You're more special than you probably give yourself credit for.

Mark grabbed your hand and started pulling you away, and Jackson and Youngjae quickly followed behind you. You wanted to ask more questions about the other pack, but you waited, knowing this wasn't the time or place.

As you entered the parking lot, Jackson said, "We should go back to our home base and discuss what this means.

Mark nodded in agreement, but he was still fuming too much to actually talk.

"What about y/n?" Youngjae asked. "Is she coming with?"

"Of course she is," Mark muttered. "She needs to know about this."

Jackson patted Mark on the back. "I'm sure we'll figure things out. I'll meet you back at the fort, okay?"

Mark nodded, and then you and he went back to his car. He drove just as quickly as the night the two of you first met, only this time you were more fearful than excited. The silence was also completely different. You could tell Mark was just trying to calm down, but Jaebum must've really gotten under his skin.