|Seven|

"Mark, why are you saying that? I just told you I want to be with you." You furrowed your eyebrows, not understanding Mark's sudden change in attitude.

"And I'm telling you I don't want to be with you." Mark refused to make eye contact with you.

"You're lying to me." You didn't need proof to know that Mark was lying, but you needed to understand why. "Does this have something to do with what Jaebum said to you?"

"It doesn't matter what he said." Mark stood up and looked at himself in the bathroom mirror.

"Yes, it does." Your voice was firm, because you knew that whatever Jaebum had said to Mark was making him act this way. "It matters because you were ready to get yourself mauled for me not even half an hour ago, and now you want me to leave. The only thing that happened between then and now is whatever the hell Jaebum said to you, so yes, it matters, because I don't want to lose you."

Mark's eyes lifted and he made eye contact with you through the mirror. "I don't love you. I lied to you, because I wanted you at whatever cost. I wanted to use you, but now I'm done with you so leave." Mark's voice was soft, and each word came out of his mouth like a knife, slowly sinking into your heart.

Your chest clenched with his words. "You're lying." You voice was barely above a whisper, because you weren't sure if you believed your words this time. If Mark had still been avoiding eye contact, it would've been easy to see through his eyes, but it was hard to ignore the look in his eyes. It's not easy to look someone you love in the eyes and lie to them, so maybe he didn't love you after all.

"Get out," Mark whispered, finally breaking eye contact.

"Mark," you said, not quite ready to give up on him yet. "I, I-"

"See, you can't even tell me you love me, so why would I love you?"

The truth behind his words hurt you more than you imagined. You loved him, and you wanted to be with him, but it was like there was a roadblock on your tongue, stopping you from telling him exactly how you felt. Your eyes began to glisten as you started to believe Mark's words. Maybe he was just using you all along and never loved you. You thought you had felt his love, the way he touched you, the way he would glance at you when he thought you weren't looking, the way he had held you close at night, but maybe that was just in your head. It wasn't like you had felt love before to compare it to, so maybe the moment someone had paid attention to you, you mistook it for love.

"Mark, please don't do this," you said in your final state of desperation.

"Get out!" Mark shouted, making you jump. "Don't you understand that I don't want you here?"

Your body shook, and you heard Mark loud and clear. This was just another pack that had rejected you. You turned and ran out of the bathroom as the tears poured out of your eyes.

"Y/n!" Youngjae called out, when he caught sight of you, but you ignored him and hurried to the door as quickly as possible.

Sobs built in your chest, and it took all of your strength to hold them back as you found somewhere a little more private to let your sorrow out. You ran down the stairs and out the apartment building. You had no idea where you were going or how you would get there, since Mark was the one who picked you up today, but all you knew was that you needed to get out of there.

Once you were outside, you just kept running, not paying attention at all to where you were going. You ran across the street, and before you knew it, you were running on all four paws. The clothing you had borrowed was shredded from your transformation, but you didn't care. You didn't care about anything at the moment, and you felt numb. You felt like losing Mark was either all your fault or something that was going to happen from the beginning, and you weren't sure which one was right.