Chase to Big Ben

I heard someone struggling and a snicker. I turned around and saw that Fidget had broken out of the ropes he was tied to. I saw him look at Olivia with an evil grin. I stepped in front of her. I gave him a look that said 'don't even think about it'. "Stay behind me, Olivia." I quietly said to her. She did as she was told while I still glare at Fidget.

He lunged at me and I grabbed him. He managed to get out of my grip, however. He started to move around me so fast that I was barely able to see him. Whenever I did I would try to grab him but would always move out of the way. He grabbed both of my arms and put them behind my back. There was nothing I could do but struggle. He then grabbed Olivia by the back collar of her shirt and dragged us away.

Fidget led us to a balcony in the main room and held me and Olivia up above him for everyone to see. It was complete chaos down there. Everyone was fighting. Fidget whistled and held us higher. "The girls! The girls!" Fidget yelled. I saw Ratigan hop on others heads, grabbed a rope and swung his way to the balcony. Basil, Dawson, and Olivia's father were rushing towards us and froze when Ratigan held us over the edge. "Stay where you are or the girls die!"

He took us to his dirigible and we flew away from Buckingham Palace. Fidget was pedaling while Ratigan took the wheel. "J-just wait! Basil's s-smarter that's you! H-he's going to put you in j-jail!" I said, trying to be confident in my words. Olivia went up, grabbed his tail, and started to tug on it. "He's not afraid of a big, old, ugly, rat like you." Olivia said to him. Oh no... I have to protect her! Ratigan seized his tail back from Olivia rather easily. "Would you you kindly sit down and SHUT UP!?" He yelled. I stepped in from to Olivia and felt pain on my left cheek. I was sent flying back and knocked over a stool. "Shyla!" Olivia called. It all happened so fast. At that moment I realized he slapped me again. Olivia came running over, clearly worried. I gave her a reassuring smile. "I-I'm fine, Olivia." But I wasn't. That was the second time he slapped me. I just wanted it to end.

I looked up from Olivia and saw a British flag flying in front of us, blocking our path. I saw Basil, Dawson, and Olivia's father. They have taken the flag, some balloons, and a match box for them to fly in. Ratigan sneered and turned the dirigible around as Fidget pedaled faster. Basil and the others were close behind in three seconds. It soon turned into a full on chase. First, around roofs and chimneys. Then, around a statue of Lord Nelson and straight towards the Tower Bridge. Fidget petaled faster while Ratigan steered the dirigible just below the bridge.

Fidget stopped petaling, completely out of breath and exhausted. Ratigan glared at him for stopping. Fidget hopped off the pedals and landed inside. "We have to - lighten the load." He said as he gestured towards us. I held Olivia close to me. "Oh, you want lighten the load!" Ratigan said in a mocking way. Fidget snickered at us before Ratigan seized Fidget's ears. "Excellent idea!" Ratigan said. He then tossed Fidget over. "No! Not me! I can't fly! I can't fly!" Fidget said desperately before he plunged to the water below. Oh my goodness!

Ratigan hopped on the pedals and started pedaling. Basil and the others had already caught up by now. Basil jumped and caught the tail of the aircraft swung his feet forward. Ratigan ducked his head to avoid being hit by Basil's feet. The two glared at each other until Olivia screamed. I looked at her then looked ahead. We were heading straight for Big Ben! I shielded Olivia's body with mine and prepared for impact. I heard Ratigan scream in alarm until it stopped. Everything was black.