To The Rescue

The trumpets were heard to announce the Queen's entrance. The robot Queen, that is. Me and Olivia's father were behind the curtains as he controls the robot while I stand back, two rifles aimed at me. Olivia's father had a rifle aimed at him while he read off some cards for the robot Queen to say to the audience. Ratigan stepped out as soon as his name was announced. I heard the audience gasped when Ratigan stepped out.

I completely zoned out. Basil hasn't showed up. Is he... and Dawson...? No! They can still be alive...... right? But...... I kept faith my parents would be alive....... and look what happened. I started to shake and tear up at the thought that the one person I love could be gone. The one person that cared about me... vanished. I let one tear roll down my face.

Suddenly, the rifles weren't pointed at me anymore. I looked and saw Ratigan's thugs being tied up by the Queen, Dawson, and...... "Shyla! Are you alright!?" Basil said to me. I hugged him, without warning. He hugged me back immediately. After a few seconds he broke the hug and held my shoulders. He took a look at my face. "Shyla... what happened to you?" Basil asked as he indicated the hand mark on my cheek. "Did Ratigan do this?" Basil asked. I only nodded my head. "That rat!" Basil said under his breath. He gently brushed away my tear and hugged me once more while rubbing my back for comfort. "Basil?" I spoked. He hummed in question. I broke the hug and looked at him with more determination inside of me than ever before. "Let's go stop Ratigan!" I said. He smiled and led me to the machine.

I took the controls while Basil spoke with the mic while the others were tying up the thugs and Olivia and her father had a reunion. "You insidious fiend!" Basil said into the mic. I could hear Ratigan be confused. "Your not my Royal Consort!" Basil said. Ratigan was trying to cover the fact that it was a robot. "Your a cheap fraud and impostor." Basil continued. "Flaversham!" Ratigan whisper-yelled. "A corrupt, vicious, demented, lowlife scoundrel. There's no evil scheme you wouldn't concoct. No depravity you wouldn't commit." I jerked on the controls, causing the robot to break down. "You, Professor, are none other than a foul stenchus rodentus," I jerked on the controls harder, "commonly known as a-!"
"DON'T SAY IT!" Ratigan yelled. Basil ran up past curtains and and pointed at Ratigan. "Sewer rat!" Basil finished. Ratigan yelled in annoyance and anger at the word 'rat'. "Arrest that fiend!" Basil yelled before him and others jumped on him. I stayed behind the curtains with Olivia by my side.