The Little Girl

It was the eve of our beloved Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and the year her Majesty's government came to the very brink of disaster. She... I-I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Shyla Viva Storey and with me is Doctor David Q. Dawson. I was just returning home from work at the library when I met Dawson who was returning to London after a lengthy service at Afghanistan. We were looking for a place to stay, preferably dry where we could rest and find a bit of peace. Little did I know that my life was about to change forever.

Dawson and I were walking through an alleyway since my home was through this way and Dawson decided to tag along. We then heard crying not far from where we were. Me and Dawson looked at each other in surprise and confusion. We followed the sound which led us to an abandoned human shoe. We looked inside and found a little girl crying and she was by herself. It broke my heart to see kids cry. But I'm still a shy person no matter who I'm with.

"Oh! Oh my! Are you alright, my dear?" Dawson asked. This caused the girl to turn around and face us. She looked around five or six years old. She had a blue coat on with a blue skirt. She had a matching blue hat with a red Pom-pom on top. I took out my handkerchief and hand it to her. "H-here, dry your eyes." She kindly took the handkerchief and blew her nose. She gave it back to me and I put it away. "N-now that's b-better. N-now tell us, what's t-troubling you, little one?" I asked. She sniffs before she spoke. "I... I'm lost. I-I'm trying to find Basil of Baker Street." She hands us a newspaper clipping and Dawson reads it out loud. "'Famous Detective solves baffling disappearance'. Hmmm. Hmm. But where are your mother and father?" She looked down sadly. T-that's why I m-must find Basil." And she started to cry again. I hug her for comfort. "T-there there. N-now I don't know any B-basil... do you Doctor?" He shook his head no. The girl looked at us sadly but I smiled at her. "But I do remember where Baker Street is." She smiled and took my hand. I wasn't used to holding hands but got used to it. "A-are you coming Doctor?" I asked. He smiled and took out his umbrella. Together we walked to Baker Street. We learned that the girls name is Olivia.

While we were walking Dawson asked, "Why are you always shy, my dear?" I looked down then looked at him. "I guess you can say that I wasn't raised to be a social butterfly." It was kinda true. I wasn't raised to be social. Why I wasn't raised to be social is a completely different thing.

This chapter is smaller than my other ones but that's expected.