Basil of Baker Street part 2

Basil gets up and walks over to a table. Olivia tried again to talk to Basil. "Mr. Basil, you don't understand-" Basil shushes her and pulls out another bullet from a box. He holds them side by side in front of him and looks at both of them for two seconds. He then puts them under a microscope. Oh! He's trying to see if they match up. After adjusting them, he started to look at them. "Yes..." then he moved it, "...yes..." then he moved it again. "NOOOOOOOOO! Drat!" He slumps down and picks up the bullet he shot. "Another dead end." He says with a depressed tone in his voice and expression. I felt bad for him. He threw the bullet in his hand behind him and walks to the fireplace. "He was within my grasp." He slumps on his chair in a dramatic way and grabs his Violin with a shaky hand. He begins to play a mournful song. Dawson and I urge Olivia to talk to him. Olivia walked over to him.

"Now will you please listen to me? My daddy's gone and I'm all alone." Basil looks over to her still with a depressed expression. "Young lady, this is the most inopportune time." Olivia had a sad face. It broke my heart so much. Basil looks at her again. "Surely your mother knows where he is." Olivia looked a bit more sad. "I... I don't have a mother." Basil abruptly stops playing, causing the violin to make a screech. Now I really feel bad for her. Basil looks at her and couldn't find his words for a while. "Well...um...well then perhaps... see here! I simply have no time for lost fathers." Olivia puts her hands on her hips. "I didn't lose him! He was taken by a bat!" A bat? Basil suddenly looked interested on the information she gave. "Did you say bat?" He asked while leaning close to Olivia. "Yes." He leans in more. "Did he have a crippled wing?" She looked uncertain. "I don't know. But he had a peg leg!" Basil jumps on the chair with his arms wide open. "Ha!" Me and Dawson walk closer to Olivia and Basil. "I say, do you know him?" Basil jumps on the top of his chair. "Know him? That bat, one Fidget by name, is the employ of the very fiend who was the target of my experiment! The horror of my every waking moment. The nefarious Professor Ratigan!" He points his bow to a picture of a well dressed rat. I clinched my fist in anger. He ruined my childhood. But then I let out a sigh and let my head hang low. "Ms. Storey, what's wrong?" Basil asked. He was already in front of me, looking worried. "I-I guess I should t-tell you."

I sat in Basil's chair after he insisted. "M-my parents... u-used to work f-for Ratigan." They all gasped in surprise. "I-I don't think it was on p-purpose. I-I was a little kid w-when they were w-working for h-him. I-I never got to spend t-time with t-them. E-even if we d-did it was only for an h-hour. I-I was practically raised a-alone. T-then one day... a n-note came. It said to r-run away b-before HE finds m-me. So I r-ran away from h-home. I h-haven't seen my p-parents since. I don't k-know if their c-captured... or h-having a life w-without m-me or...... or..............." I broke into tears. I couldn't even imagine the worst.

Basil grew angry. "That sewer rat!" He yelled. Dawson was still confused on who Ratigan was. "Ratigan?" He asked. "He's a genius, Dawson. A genius twisted for evil and the napoleon of crime." Lightning struck dramatically. "As bad as all that, eh?" Basil appeared behind him and started to talk again. "Worse. For years I've tried to capture him and I've come close, so very close, but each time he's narrowly evaded my grasp. Not a corner of London's safe while Ratigan's at large. There's no evil scheme he wouldn't convict! No depravity he wouldn't commit. Who knows what dastardly scheme that villain may be plotting, even as we speak..."

This chapter is short but oh well.