The Rat Trap part 2

On stage, the octopus was about to finish is performance. I saw a lot of unhappy faces from the patrons. The pianist playing was getting nervous. The octopus finishes his dance by catching his balls into his hat and bows. He had a very surprised face when Dawson is the only one clapping in the audience. Everyone else booed at the octopus. "Get off, you eight-legged bum!" A random guy said. The octopus for his life offstage when food, knifes, bottles, and darts are thrown at him.

The barmaid from before comes up to our table. "What's your pleasure, mates?" She asked. Dawson starts to talk. "Uh... I'll have a dry sherry with... oh perhaps a twist of-" I quickly cover his mouth, to prevent any suspicion or get caught. "Three pints for me and my shipmates." Basil says in a gruffly accent. Now that's acting! The barmaid was about to leave until Basil stopped her. "Oh, by the way, we just got into port. We're looking for an old friend of mine. Maybe you know him. Goes by the name... of Ratigan." The barmaid gasped. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gasped as well at the mention of Ratigan. They all stared at us. The barmaid recovers from from her shock. "I, uh... never heard of him." She answered and walked away, clearly lying. Dawson and I were nervous from all the stares we got but Basil seemed pleased by the reaction.

The pianist started playing another song as the curtains open. A salamander appeared on stage on a unicycle, exhausted from carrying a huge frog on his shoulders. Before they could do their performance, the crowd instantly booed at them and threw food and weapons at them. The pianist began to play another song as the patrons were already armed, ready to throw at whoever was next. The curtains open to reveal a lady mouse wearing a blue tank top, a purple skirt, and a purple shawl.

Dearest friends, dear gentleman

Listen to my song

The patrons slowly lower their weapons as they listen to her sing.

Life down here's been hard for you

Life has made you strong

Let me lift the mood

With my attitude

The beat picks up as she struts onstage, all eyes on her.

Hey fellas, the time is right

Get ready

Tonight's the night

All the patrons seemed in love with her, even Dawson.

Boys, what your hopin' for will come true

Let me be good to you

You tough guys

Your feelin' all alone

I noticed Basil is looking at something. I took a look.

You rough guys

I saw the barmaid whispering to the bartender. The bartender looked around before pouring something in our drinks.

The best o' you sailors and bums

All o' my chums

So dream on

And drink your beer

Get cozy

Your baby's here

You won't be misunderstood

Let me be good to you

She moves behind the curtains as a band joins in, picking up the beat. The curtains pull back, and she has black gloves and her shawl was removed as two identical lady mice came on stage with identical pick dresses.

He fellas

I'll take off all my blues

She ripped off her skirt to reveal a garter and feather boa around her waist. I stared in shock and disgust. How could she dress like that in front of all of these lowlifes!? One patron was even trying to get onstage with others holding him back.

He fellas

There's nothing I won't do

Just for you

She kicked the patron down and points to Dawson, who seemed bashful. She lest the stage and left the twins to dance on. The barmaid returns with our drinks. "There you are, guys. It's uh... on the house." She then left. "I say, how very generous." Dawson says while grabbing his drink. I was suspicion with this drink. Same with Basil. I never really liked to drink so I pushed it back. Basil swirl his finger in the beer and took a small taste. "Shyla, Dawson... these drinks have been..." I gasped before he could finish. I cover my mouth and point at Dawson. Basil looks and saw that Dawson has drank the whole beer. "Drugged!" Basil finished.

"Has a rather nice bite to it." Dawson said drunkenly. He turned his attention to the stage and cheers loudly. "Jolly good, ladies! Jolly good!" Basil grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Dawson, get a hold of yourself!" Basil said. But that didn't do anything. "Oh, bravo! Bravo!" Dawson continued to cheer. Basil started to get irritated until we both hear the sound of a peg-leg. Fidget was walking by, his attention to the girls on stage. His peg-leg gets caught in a hole, causing him to fall. The lady from before came back onstage.

So dream on

And drink your beer

He struggled to get his leg out until he did, stumbling back into the bar. "If it isn't our peg-legged friend." Basil said.

Get cozy

Your baby's here

Hey boys, I'm talking to you

"Ooh hoo, what luck!" Basil said. Basil turned to me then to Dawson, only to find that Dawson wasn't sitting with us. I looked on stage and found Dawson dancing with the performers. "Dawson!" Me and Basil say at the same time.

Your baby's gonna come through

Let me...

Basil slaps his forehead and drags his face down while I continue to worry and panic.

...be good to you!

The twins gave Dawson a kiss on the cheek. He giggled and drunkenly twirled off the stage and landed on the piano.

Yeah!

Dawson looked extremely dizzy. The pianist was about to his Dawson with a wooden plank but miss and instead hit a big, mean-looking mouse in the head. Oh no! The pianist began to shake until the large mouse grabbed him by the neck. He was about to punch the pianist but he managed to get loose. He punched the piano instead which crashed into the band, sending them and Dawson flying in separate directions. Dawson lands on his back as a full fledged bar fight breaks out.