Chapter 156 - Before Sunset

Start from the beginning

All of this is for the best. It's best for my children and for the baby inside me. It's best for all my family and friends, they won't be in any sort of danger if the creators of the contract try to teach me a lesson. It's best for me and as for Marshall, he's with Kim now.

"Mom?" Milo calls me. I look away from the pregnant lady who's now waving at me frantically and down at my lap.

I cover my face with my shades before I push open the door and hop out of my SUV. The papparazi jump at the sight of me, making a few people grab onto them before they get pulled back. I asked the security not to follow me so I was all alone. I pull the door open to my car and pick Jameson up from his seat before I close the door.

"Tessa? When did you and Marshall get divorced?" A man jumps towards me as I press Jamesons head against my chest and cover his face. 

"Tessa? What are your thoughts on Eminem getting married to his ex wife?" A woman says as she snaps a picture of me, making me push past her. I walk towards the other side of my car and help Milo out of his car before I grab a hold of his hand and push past the crowd and walk towards the mall.

***

"Miss Black." I look up at the doorway and watch my body guard Devon standing in the doorway with his finger pressed to his ear piece. I look away and carry on changing Jamesons nappy.

"Hey Dev." I say and notice him walk into the room from the corner of my eye.

"I was told that you wanted to speak to me, Miss Black." He says, making me nod before I stand up. I walk away to dump the dirty nappy in the bin and to wash my hands before I walk back into my bedroom.

"I caught one of your guards taking pictures of my family." I state. "You promised me that you would hire the best security team to protect me and my kids." I add.

"I'm sorry to hear that this happened, Miss Black. Which guard was this?" He asks.

"The one with the earring and tattoo on his arm." I state.

"The Mexican?" He asks, making me shake my head.

"No. This one's American. He has blond-" I start and get cut off.

"Sam." He sighs.

"I want him fired." I state. "I mean, I can't even spend time with my children in my house without anyone taking pictures and videos?" I shake my head.

"I understand, Miss Black. I apologize. He will be fired immediately." He nods as I get Jameson dressed again.

"Good. Thank you." I stand up with Jameson in my arms. I slip my feet into my sliders and turn to face Devon who's still standing there. "Uhrm....That's all, Devon." I say.

"There's a Nathan Kane at the gates." Devon informs me. "He walked here on his own and said that he's come to see you." He adds. "Should we let him in?" He asks. I stay quiet as I look away from him and down at the floor. Ryder, Iris and Milo are gone out with my brother Jacob who's come to visit us and is staying here for the weekend. Nathan probably knows they're gone so he's only come here to talk about the contract and his brother. He's probably going to convince me to see him or tell the kids to see him.

"No." I say and look back at him. "Tell him that I don't feel too good so I don't want guest here." I add. I walk past Devon and make my way downstairs.

"Miss Black. The boys been standing out there for the past hour." He says as he follows me down the stairs. I let out a small sigh as I walk towards the living room and place Jameson down on the carpet. "He won't leave." Devon adds. I turn on cartoons for Jameson and take a seat next to him on the floor.