9 Months Later -3

A week had passed and no text from Damon, what did I expect? He's just a typical guy.

James had left to go on his trip, Jake had arrived a few hours after he left and I'd set him up in the living room on the pull-out bed. I was headed to work and Leo and Jake were watching after Lena.

"Bye guys."I said walking out the door.

I headed to work and walked in the back door. John was working the bar tonight I saw walking in and glancing at the schedule to see who else was waitressing. Just Amy and I; Mondays are always slow for us.

I replaced my jacket for my waitressing apron, grabbed a pen and a booklet to write the orders down in. I walked over to the seating chart to see what section I was working with for the night and if I had any tables yet.

I did so I headed over towards an elderly couple who looked at each other with so much love in their eyes it made me smile. It was a nice change compared to the customers I normally get.

"Hello my names Collette and I'll be your server for the night. Do you know what you like to drink?" I said in a polite voice with a smile.

"An ice tea and lemon water for her." The man said grabbing her hand.

"Appetizer?" I questioned writing down their drink orders. They shook their head.

"Do you know what you want to order yet or do you need a minute?"

"No we don't actually." The lady said.

"Okay well I'll go get your drinks and be back in a minute for your orders."I said heading to the kitchen. I looked at my section of the restaurant and grabbed another 3 menu's heading over to a table that seated 3 guys who looked like around mid forties. I walked over introduced myself and took their drink order.

When I got to the kitchen I put their drinks plus the elderly couple's on a tray stopping by the couples tabling telling them I'll be with them in a minute and gave the guys their drinks returning to theirs. The guys table still hadn't decided on what to order.

"Ready yet?" I asked.

"Yes I'll have penne with vodka sauce, please." I nodded my head and turned to his wife.

"And for you?"

"Tortellini in tortellini sauce." I nodded my head writing it down and walking towards the kitchen to place their orders.

I walked over to the guys table and asked for their orders.

"Figure out what you want yet?" I questioned the trio.

"Are you on the menu?"The one sitting in the middle with a beer belly and no hair asked.

"I'm sorry but that's not on the menu for today." I said in a monotone trying to remain professional about this.

"Is there anything on the menu I can interest you in?" I asked getting irritated.

"Chicken parmigiana, a junior new York strip steak and a regular." The beer belly man said pointing at each guy as he placed their orders.

I wrote it down walking to the back and placing their orders. I worked from 5 to 11 most nights and today was no different.

My night went like that taking orders, placing orders, and getting hit on at a disturbing level. I left around 11:30 but called Leo before I left. I said bye to everyone as I was putting my jacket on and walked out the side dark.

I hated walking home at night after work normally one of the guys would walk me home but John had left around 10 so I was on my own. It was only a 20 minute walk how much could happen in that short amount of time right?