9 Months Later -2

I headed to my locker before homeroom. Leo was already their waiting for me like always.

He was my gay best friend and the only person who I liked at this school. He didn't care that I had a daughter, hell he was like her big brother. He had blue eyes and short blond hair. When I first came to school I had tried making friends with the other girls but the minute I mentioned Lena they all dropped me. It hurt to know there were people like that who could be so shallow as to think because I had a baby that we couldn't be friends.

Leo on the other hand didn't care about it. I had told him the whole Vince thing and he felt the same way I did about it. He was there for me when no one else in this school would give me a glance. The girls thought I was a skank and the guys thought that because I had a child I was easy. I wasn't any of those things and Leo knew it and stood by my side.

"How's little Lena doing?" He asked in as girlish a tone.

"Good, she's starting to sleep more thank god." I said with a small laugh. "How are you doing? Any boy troubles?"

"Nope Jake and I are just fine thanks for asking."

Jake is his boyfriend and their so adorable together. I actually get along pretty well with him. Jake graduated last year so he's not in school with us. I grabbed my French book and shut my locker walking in the direction of mine and Leo's first period together.

"How are you feeling boo boo?" Lea asked glancing at my tired expression.

"I said she's sleeping more not that she's sleeping at the same time as me." I replied opening the door for us to go in. He laughed and walked over to his desk. Unfortunately he sits in the front and I sit in the back so I don't really get to talk to him too much this period.

The bell rang and the morning announcements came on. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and checked to make sure the teacher wasn't looking and slid it out hiding it behind my math book.

*James*

Is your break next week or the week after?

We had a week of school coming up.

*Me*

Next week, why?

*James*

I have to go away for 2 weeks so we'll need to find a sitter during the day the week after your break.*

*Me*

Okay.

I didn't text him back after that. I hated having to find a sitter. I didn't trust a lot of people to look after Lena. I slipped my phone back in my pocket and paid attention to the rest of the announcements. When the announcements were done I made my way to French to take my mid-terms. I only had two classes today but they were double periods.

So there I sat for the next hour and 45 minute's conjugating verbs, making sentences' possessive, re-writing sentences' so they were past tense and a small 3 paragraph essay at the end. I felt pretty confident handing in my test I think I'll at least get a B. I still had about 30 minutes left in class and I decided to put my head down and rest till the bell rang.

"COLLETTE HEAD UP"

My head shot up and I almost fell out of my seat. There were a few snickers and laughs at my expense.

I looked at the time still 15 minutes left. I walked up to the teacher and asked to go to the bathroom.

I would just walk around the halls for ten minutes. I walked towards Leo's class and peeked in to see if he was done. He wasn't so I just walked away. I decided to just go to the bathroom anyway seeing as how I didn't feel like walking around alone.