9 Months Later- 19

So while Collette sleeps I figured id let you guys in on what’s going on with the boys.

Damon’s P.O.V.

“Damon, I’m sure there’s a logical explanation as to why she hasn’t called you man.” Dante said reassuringly to his brother.

“No. A few hours understandable, a day even could be explained. But it’s been almost three days! Three. There’s something going on and I’m going to find out what.” Damon replied slipping his jacket on and heading out the door. He had just reached his car when he heard footsteps running behind him.

“Wait, wait!” Dante shouted. “I’m coming too.” He said slipping into the passenger side and putting his seatbelt on.

The drive over to Collette’s place was quiet. The only sound coming from the wind blowing into the car through the open windows.

“Maybe she just needed space.” Dante suggested as we pulled into the parking garage. I shook my head at him. I drove over to her parking spot to see it was empty. I parked in it and quickly got out of the car. I rushed up the steps to her apartment and took the spare key to her place out of my pocket. She didn’t know I’d made a copy but now I was extremely grateful I’d done so. I slowly opened the door with Dante following behind me.

“Collette?” I called out. After a few seconds of silence went by I stepped fully into the living room.

“I’ll check the rooms.” I said heading to Lena’s bedroom first. There were drawers thrown open with clothes missing, as I surveyed the room I noticed toys of hers missing and some pictures. Heading into Collette’s room I was met with it being in the same state; clothes scattered, drawers open and items missing that had been there before. It looked as though she’d fled and fast. I raced into the living room to see Dante sitting on the couch with a stack of papers in his hand and a grim expression on his face.

“What’s that?” I asked already reaching for the pile. He handed the papers to me but didn’t respond. I scanned the papers looking for clues as to where she could be but the papers made no sense. There were custody papers, a copy of Lena’s birth certificate, and legal papers that made no sense to me.

“There’s one more thing.” Dante said quietly handing me a small slip of paper. I looked down and started reading.

Dear Nic, if you refuse to accept what I offer you willingly I’ll take if by force. There are two options for you to choose from. You can either marry me and both Lena and you can come live with me. That’s the nicer of the two options in my opinion. Or if you decide not to accept that offer I will be taking my daughter away from you and you will NEVER see her again. I’m tired of waiting for you to return to me Nic. I love you and Lena. I hope you choose well. Also the papers with this note are just a few examples of how I can and will gain custody of Lena. You have a day to decide. And don’t even think about leaving. I'll know if you do. And I’d think it best you don’t involve Damon. That wouldn’t turn out well for him.

Love Vince.

I growled in frustration. He was blackmailing her. He was using Lena as a way to get Collette back. I was furious. I wanted to march right into his house and kill him. But I knew better than that. I couldn’t infiltrate his home. He’d know. I’d be dead before I made past the gate.