Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine: You're All Mine

AALIYAH looked out the window of the plane at all the clouds floating by. Her heart pulsed as she looked through the glass. Mainly fear of the height in which she was traveling and the excitement that she was finally going home. And with the love of her life.

Things couldn't get any better at the moment.

Khaiyon turned and looked at her. She had her palms pressed against the glass like kids outside the candy store. A longing to get inside and taste the freedom offered. He wasn't ready to grant Aaliyah the freedom she so desperately longed for. It just wasn't in him.

But who was he to deny her?

So he leaned back in his seat and stared at the ceiling in disbelief. Wondering how he could be so stupid as to put himself in the situation from the beginning.

How did I even get here? We shouldn't have even gone away for that week.

He checked his phone and saw that Jahmez had texted him, but it wasn't of importance so he left the message alone. He had left first thing that morning. Khaiyon going on business trips solo was nothing new so he just told the guys he had some business and would be back in about a week or two.

There was no way he was going to stay a few days after bringing her home. He needed at least two weeks to become accustom. Maybe even convince her to come back home.

Possibilities were endless, but it wasn't anything he wasn't willing to try. He just had to bring her back with him.

Closing his eyes, he became lost in a world where it was just the two and there was no one in the way. Absolutely no obstacles to stand by. A world of perfection that was his and Aaliyah's.

When he opened his eyes again, Aaliyah's face was inches from his. He jumped a little, looking at the girl in shock. She tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled. "I'm sorry," she shrugged, pulling away from him. "You're just so handsome and peaceful looking when you're asleep," she explained, settling in her chair.

He sat up, nodding. "Thanks, noted." She gently bit her bottom lip, looking at him with the softest expression. "What?" he asked, searching her beautifully darkened eyes.

Shaking her head, she leaned forward and kissed him. "I just love you, is all," she whispered, looking at him.

Khaiyon looked around before looking back at her. "You won't come back. . . will you?" he asked quietly. She didn't speak right away and the elongated silence was answer enough. "Right," he mumbled.

"I don't know," she finally responded. "I mean, I have family here." He nodded again and turned his head towards the empty aisle. Four soft fingers were placed under his chin, gently turning his head back to the girl beside him. "But I've made a new family in Chicago," she stated firmly. "I love all of them. The girls and the guys. And I know that I can't just leave them behind. Especially not you."

Silence filled their space as he stared at her. He didn't know what to say. What could have been said to such confession? "So what does that mean?" he questioned.

Aaliyah shook her head again. "I'm not sure. But I do know that if I stay I'm not staying forever. I'm coming back for all of you."

"But not just me?"

"We're young, Khai. Who's to say that you're going to want to be with me forever? Or vice versa for that matter? What if we realize that we want separate things? Things that, one day, won't involve each other?"

Khaiyon immediately shook his head. "I don't need the pity talk. You don't have to sugar coat anything for me. If you're saying that you won't want to be with me at the end of all of th-"