Chapter Eighteen✔️

Chapter Eighteen: Anything Else, Sir?

"YEAH?" she called from behind the door. He slowly turned the knob and entered the room. Snow sat on the window seat, staring out into the backyard. "Hey," she spoke, turning around. "Oh, you," she smiled.

"Me." Khaiyon walked over and leaned against the wall, peeking out the window as well. "It's nice out there," he pointed out, watching the branches blow in the gentle breeze.

She sighed, looking back out the window. "I bet it is."

"Why don't you come see for yourself?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Snow looked at him confused. "I'm heading out somewhere and I wouldn't mind if you tagged along."

To say that she was shocked would be an understatement. She wouldn't have ever guessed that he would invite her to something so exciting. It was an offer she couldn't refuse. Especially if it meant getting out of the house. "Is Aaliyah ready?"

He shook his head. "She's not going. Just you, Jahmez, and me."

She eyed him carefully, a little confused. "Why wouldn't Aaliyah be coming?" she asked. "Did she not want to or something? I can't imagine her not wanting to get out for a little."

Khaiyon did his best to not tell the girl to mind her business and just do what she was told, but he knew better than that. She wasn't the help and he couldn't exactly treat her like it and not Aaliyah the same way. So he remained polite and respectful.

For the sake of his relationship with Aaliyah.

"She's busy with Killian and Martavius right now," he lied, shoving his hands into his pockets. "She said she would catch us on the next trip."

"She's with Killian?" she asked, sounding particularly surprised. What could she possibly be doing with him? They don't even like each other.

Khaiyon nodded, visibly smirking. That was a lot easier than expected. "Yes ma'am, she is."

Snow didn't understand why it bothered her knowing that, but it did. It was strange, but she somehow felt she had to get even. "Okay," she finally spoke up, nodding. Khaiyon stepped back and allowed her to stand up. "Yeah, just let me get dressed and I'll be down in a second."

"Will do, darling." She watched as Khaiyon disappeared out of the room, shutting the door softly behind himself.

Khaiyon walked downstairs, coming across Jahmez in a perfectly tailored suit, standing by the door, ready like he was told to be yesterday. Khaiyon had never thought that he could be so professional, he was such a goofball. "I clean up well?" Jahmez asked, raising an eyebrow expectantly.

"Indeed, you did," Khaiyon nodded in approval. "You seem ready for anything."

"I am."

"Well, I suppose that's a good thing, considering you'll be pitching your ideas to my father this afternoon," Khaiyon said calmly, shrugging as though it were no big deal. They both knew that it was very important he didn't screw anything up in that meeting.

Jahmez's eyes widened as he looked at his friend, completely shocked. "Wait, what? You want me to?"

"Mhm," he nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Don't think about it too much or it will mess with you the entire time."

He hung onto his every word of advice, soaking it all in. The last thing he could do was screw things up. The guys would never let him hear the end of it and they most certainly would never take him serious again. This was his chance to prove that he's not as immature as they make him out to be.