Chapter Four✔️

Chapter Four: The Dress

AALIYAH heart began to pound in her head as someone brought a piece of tissue with alcohol to her face, treating the wound. She flinched a little as the cut burned. "You should be fine. Nothing too severe," a man said before walking away.

Three girls had walked through the door in front of her and neither of them have returned. She didn't know what went on beyond that door and she feared the knowledge. Very soon she will find out what goes on behind it. Aaliyah knew she wasn't ready for whatever it might be.

"Don't think about it too much," Kolson warned, looking at the door as well. "It'll make everything you're feeling worse."

She turned to look at the girl. "Then what do I think about?" she whispered, feeling a few stray tears roll down her face. Her makeup hadn't looked as well as it did when she first left the pit.

"I don't know, but that door is the last thing you want to think about. Do you have family back home?" Kolson asked, staring into Aaliyah dark brown eyes.

She nodded, swallowing a lump in her throat. "Yeah. Two sisters and two brothers. They're amazing. And my parents, of course," she explained, smiling at the thought of her family. They're safe. They have to be.

"That's good, think about them. That's a big family, you know," Kolson offered, smiling at her.

"Yeah. It's huge, but they're perfect. What about you?" she asked, looking at Kolson. "Any family?"

Kolson smiled, thinking about her family. "I've got my parents and my three sisters. They're pretty awesome too," she said with pride.

Aaliyah couldn't help but feel her heart warm at the thought of family. "We're going to get back to them. I promise."

A bell sounded, and their hearts felt as though they were going to explode. So far, every time that's happened a girl has had to walk through the door ahead of them. Kolson looked at Aaliyah. They don't come back.

The door opened and someone walked out, approaching Aaliyah. "It's time." Aaliyah looked over at Kolson, grabbing her hand and squeezing it tight.

"I pray you make it home," she whispered, before following the man through the door. He brought her to the center of the room, with a large light shinning down on her. The man soon disappeared, the door slamming shut behind him, leaving her alone in the brightly lit room.

A large feminine voice began over the room. Aaliyah looked around the room in search of the voice. "You may begin," She began to slowly turn without thinking, glass windows being the only thing she saw. Her reflection gleaming in them.

"The bidding will now begin at $100,000."

My god, they're auctioning us off.

"$100,000. $150? $250,000. $300? $350,000. Will there be $400?"

"Oh my goodness, I'll never make it out of here alive. I'm never going home. God, please save me."

Just keep swimming.

"$400,000. $450? $500,000. $550? $750,000. $800? $750,000, sold!"

The same man that brought her in helped escort her out, but not through the same door in which she came originally entered through. She was brought into a dark room with someone sitting in the corner with a drink in his hand.

"Well, hello there, gorgeous," a strong, powerful voice spoke, causing her to jump. The man who brought her in had left, shutting the door behind himself. "You are a very rewarding sight," he smiled. A small, dull light turned on, revealing a handsome man, sitting in a chair with a glass or red win resting between his fingers.