Chapter Seven✔️

Chapter Seven: The Guilt

KOLSON looked out the window as the car came to a stop. "Where are we?" she asked, turning to Lucas.

"We're just here to meet some rather important people and be on about our day."

"What does that have to do with us?" she asked, looking back out the window. "Why do we have to be here?"

Lucas sighed, leaning back against the leather seats. "You ladies ask a lot of questions, you know that?"

"You dodge a lot of questions," Aaliyah pointed out, staring at the man.

A small smile appeared on his face. He loved the mind games. He loved torturing her mentally. "Fair enough," he chuckled slightly. "Well, it's just a little gathering to show off our little prizes, you ladies. And pretty much to show off how much money we have. It's really just a bunch of narcissistic bastards competing with each other to prove their lives are better than others in some ways."

Kolson looked at Aaliyah and shrugged. "At least he was honest."

"Two points for honesty," Aaliyah sighed, just as the door opened. "At least we get to be here together."

"That is true," she grumbled, following behind her out of the car.

"Look at you two, trying to see the bigger picture here," Lucas smiled, wrapping his arms around the girls' shoulders. "I like that."

A tall man approached the three. "Evening, Mr. Vanderwaal. They are expecting you in the back."

Lucas nodded, walking the girls inside the building. "Please be on your best behavior, ladies. I need this night to go well."

"Why? You said it yourself, it's all for show," Kolson pointed out quietly. Lucas turned and looked at her.

"Don't be like your friend over here. Her back's pretty sore," he whispered, yanking Aaliyah towards him and wrapping his arm around her. She groaned, feeling the clothing of her dress brush against her fresh wounds. "Be a good little girl," he whispered, kissing her cheek softly.

Aaliyah held back her breath and the words she wanted to say to him. She wanted so badly to stand up for herself, but for what?

Don't be an idiot. Do as you're told and get out of here.

She looked around the room, nodding her head. "Whatever you say, master."

"Master, I like that."

"Don't push it," Aaliyah grumbled, grabbing Kolson's hand. "Lead the way, boss."

Lucas smirked at the little girl. "Yes ma'am." They walked into the ball room, taking in the view of the guests and the decor. "Feast your eyes on the wild life," he mumbled, smiling at the people who walked past them.

"Long time no see, Luke," a man spoke, approaching the three. "Good evening, ladies," he smiled politely to Aaliyah and Kolson.

They just stood there, staring at the man, confused.

Why is he talking to us?

"You ask me like I know!"

Lucas coughed nudging Aaliyah. She blinked a few times before looking at Kolson. "Hi," they both spoke politely towards the man. He chuckled softly, turning to Lucas.

"Are they shy?"

"Something like that," Lucas spoke up, looking at the two girls dangerously. "No worries, they'll get out of their funk soon," he smiled. "Isn't that right, girls?"