Chapter 18: Reclaim

Hak looked at the person in front of him and waved his hands defensively as he attempted to explain himself. "My hand mysteriously acted on its own and punch two men harassing this lady."

"Basically you caused trouble and brought attention to yourself," Yoon crossed his arms, looking stern and quite infuriated.

"But that's not important since I may have found some important information," his smile disappeared.

"And what that?" Kija asked, with his arms crossed.

"I overheard some civilians talk about a mysterious woman who took over a ship singlehandedly. And the most important detail is that she looked like the empress and even has the same purple hair," Hak explained, leaning on the trunk of the tree.

"The empress?" Yona suddenly sprung from her spot.

"I'm not sure if it is her, but there is a high probability," Hak suggested.

"We should look out for any more details," Yoon said. "And we will be going into town to buy supplies since Hak didn't."

"Hey, Shin-Ah, can you feel it?" Kija said while looking at the landscape. He held back his silver hair as the wind blew. "The third dragon is in the direction of the sea."

-

"Let's search by the coastline since that is where Kija and Shin-ah sensed the third dragon," Yoon said. "We can also search for the empress at the same time."

"Do you sense the dragon?" Kija crouched down, trying to look at the endless ocean for the third member. Shin-ah shook his head in response. "So he's not here huh?"

"White Snake, hold his," Hak gave his weapon to Kija.

"Why should I?"

"I saw some weapons in town that I wanted," He explained quickly before heading towards the town.

"That's weird. To think the Thunder Beast would do something else rather than guarding Yona.."

"He's hiding something for sure," Kija displayed a not amused face. But in the corner of his eye, he saw a ship approaching the coastline. "Is that a pirate ship?"

-

"Ma'am, we have recently gathered intel that Kum-ji will be landing soon.. however we don't exactly know yet. Dong-Yi and another are currently trying to find it out," a sailor explained while kneeling.

"Very well. Find out soon," dark (Y/n) replied. "Land the ship. I need to see something for myself." (Y/n) slowly rose up from her throne like seat and strides towards the deck where she crossed her arms and gazed at the upcoming land. Dark (Y/n) jumped up to the railings of the ship once she deems it to be near the port. Then she jumped and landed on the dusty ground.

Ignoring the stares she got from her display, (Y/n) proceeded to walk deeper into the city.

How pitiful.. To think people fear his men.

The deeper she got, the more corruption dark (Y/n) saw in people. That was until a child was thrown in her path. She glanced at the direction of where the child came from, and it seems that the officials has been ravaging the business. Unconsciously, (Y/n) started to walk towards the little shop. Approaching the official from behind, her hand darted to his neck.

"Don't bring an innocent being to your petty, corrupted business," she slammed him to the ground. "Get out of my sight."

"Do you know who I am? Which group I am part of?" Dark (Y/n) crouched down and stared at him with bore.

"Do I look like I care? You are fool for not listening to me," she stood up and dug her high heels into his abdomen. "Listen up. I'm destroying Kum-ji and his little group. Report that to your master."

Sighing, she walked away.

-

Hak wandered around the port searching for both the green haired guy as well for any news about the empress. He stopped and observed when a woman wearing quite lavish clothing confronted the usual corrupted officials. His suspicion already rose when he saw the purple locks that she posses. When the woman turned around and walked away, Hak saw her face. His eyes widened and quickly strides towards the woman.

"Empress?" She turned around and gave him a cold stare.

"I am not the empress of Kou," she said.

"No. You are the empress. The sun mark below your eye proves it," Hak grabbed her wrist. He pulled the empress into a more desolate place. As soon as he stopped, (Y/n) ripped her wrist from his grip.

"What do you want?" She demanded. Quickly pinning to the nearest wall with a knife to his neck. Hak stood there unfazed and knocked out the knife from (Y/n)'s band and flipped her so she was the one pinned to the wall. His bangs hung over his deadly looking eyes.

"Why don't you give Empress (Y/n)'s body back to her?" Hak's voice was low.

"Why should I? I finally got a hold of a body after so many years. Do you think I will let this chance go?"

"Hak!" He turned to see Yoon jogging up to him, holding a bottle of medicine. "Give it to the empress to drink!" But while his attention was on Yoon, (Y/n) took the chance to kick Hak by the legs and free herself. Before she can run far, Hak grabbed her and pushed her to the ground while catching the bottle at the same time. With one hand, he opened the bottle and consumed the bitter medicine. Then Hak passed the medicine to the Empress through lip to lip. Yoon stood there with a blush on his face as Hak pulled away. They both watched as the sun mark turned into a lighter colour and her eyes opened.

"Hak. What are you doing on top of me?" (Y/n) asked.

"Sorry. I think you will be happier if you don't know," Hak sat on the ground, wiping the excess medicine off using his sleeves then looking away. (Y/n) sat there for a couple of seconds before realizing what happened.

"Thank you for helping getting myself back. Nothing happened between us so you don't need to fear anything," (Y/n) calmly said.

"I agree." Hak looked at Yoon. "How did you know I was here?"

"Shin-Ah saw you confronting the empress. Luckily I found the herb and quickly turned it into medicine. Yona is with Shin-Ah and Kija."

"I should return to Kou immediately. I need to be under house arrest until a solution is found," (Y/n) got up from the ground. "But I need to deal with something. A problem here defies my moralities. As a ruler I can't stand it."

"That sounds like something you would say."

"Perhaps. I'm sure the princess would want to do something as well. Am I correct?" (Y/n) rose a brow at Hak. He gave a smile.

"Yeah."

↑  mood

↑  mood.