Chapter 8: Do You Think That Works?

A/n: Can you believe it's going to be 2018 next year? Have you made your New Years Resolution yet? Well this is a New Years present from me to you! Though it's a bit early, it's still the day before 2018.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! (*'∀')♪

"Empress (Y/n) of the Kou Kingdom has arrived!" People cheered as the soldiers marched and the carriage was guided towards the castle of Kouka. The Empress waved at the people of Kouka as they warmly welcomed her. People's eyes were bright and lively- different from when King Il was alive.

'They look awfully happy considering Late King Il supposedly died. I guess they were unhappy with his reign.'

As soon as (Y/n) arrived, Lord Soo-won and his advisor as well as some soldiers, welcomed her. "You must had a long trip Empress." Soo-won gave his signature smile.

"It was quite a tiresome journey indeed. We arrived later than expected, for that I apologize," she bowed slightly.

"No need to bow Empress," Soo-won gestured one of the maid to take the empress to her room. She nodded before coming up to the empress.

"Your highness, Empress (Y/n), I shall escort you to your room," the maid bowed while saying.

"Thank you," the maid started to move as the empress and her maid followed- carrying her items. They twisted and turned until they came upon a room with a elaborately decorated door.

"Your Highness, Empress (Y/n) we have arrived at your room. Please call me if you need my assistance," (Y/n) nodded as she opened the door. Her maids immediately started to organize her things. Then a knock on the door. It opened to reveal Soo-won.

"May I talk to Empress?" He looked at (Y/n).

"Very well." She followed him. "What are you planning with that marriage proposal?" She eyed him suspiciously.

"An alliance to a kingdom like Kou would surely benefit Kouka greatly. I wish to strengthen our bond to defeat Kai," Soo-won said while guiding her to the garden. "You probably don't trust me after what happened."

"It's a given Lord Soo-won. I never expected you out of all to.."

"I have my past," his eyes became cold for a split second before returning to his usual kind gaze. "Do you have an answer to the proposal yet?"

"I apologize, however I don't have an answer yet. I've been dealing with paperworks as a result of my absence, so I have been quite busy," she sighed.

"It's ok. I understand. Let's have tea, shall we?" he smiled while offering a hand.

"Very well," (Y/n) ignored his hand and sat down. Soo-won poured the tea into the two cups as the young empress watched the steam rise. Then a maid came and hurriedly put snacks on the table before leaving.

-

"The path to the castle is surprisingly straightforward and easy to reach," Yoon commented. The three is currently standing in front of the castle admiring it.

"Let's go in now," Hak got the pendant out and showed it to the guards.

"This is..." The guards eyes widened while looking at the pendant.

"Escort them to General Mamoru immediately!" The gate opened as one of the guards escorted the trio deeper into the castle. There was many layers and many gates had to be opened before reaching the heart of the capital. The large entrance into the actual palace building was opened and they were greeted with a display of elegance. Things were decorated neatly and no speck of dust were to be found. The guard lead them down the hallways of the palace and stopped upon reaching a room.