Chapter 9: Night Before Crown

A/n: I have to apologize. This chapter was meant to be published yesterday, but Wattpad was not cooperating.

"Tch."

"Who exactly are you? This is the second time you tried to kill me now. You can't even kill a person. How pitiful," (Y/n) smirked.

"I am called A. And he is M," the female growled. Her short black hair down under the moonlight as her silver eyes shone like a snake.

"What do you want from me?"

"We want you dead," A replied.

"What did I do in the past? Did I kill someone during my Kai war?" (Y/n) provoked.

"We were the family that occupied the land that is now called Kou! We are now living in poverty because of you! Don't you know how much we had to suffer? Plunging from a great life to this condition?" A shouted.

"How annoying. You aren't the only ones who are living in poverty, you spoiled brat," (Y/n) frowned.

"That's why we trained to kill you," A bitterly smiled. "I want that life back."

"You really are pitiful." A got her sword out and immediately, (Y/n) got her sword from beside her bed stand and unsheathed it.

"Fight until one of us dies!" A sahouted as she charged towards the empress.

"I don't like killing pitiful people like you, but if you want a fight until death, your wish shall be granted," (Y/n) attacked with her glowing sword. She pushed A to the entrance as M followed closely observing. Then (Y/n) kicked A's stomach resulting in her to fly out of the room. (Y/n) had the leisure to put her shoes on as she approached the female.

A immediately sprinted up and attacked as (Y/n) deflected. Some night soldiers saw the fight and ran to report it, however M stopped him, but couldn't stop the other soldiers. The fight went on under the moonlight as A kept getting cuts.

It was like (Y/n) was dancing under the moonlight. Her graceful movements were quick and powerful making A have a hard time keep up with the Bloody War Goddess. "I apologize , but I have more experience than you. Therefore, I have the upper hand."

"Shut up! I may be the underdog m, but there are many times where the underdog wins!" A shouted. In the corner of (Y/n)'s eyes, she saw a silver object. Almost by instinct, the empress jumped away from A, making her pretty robes float in the air. The female fell to the ground, clutching her wound. The empress looked in the direction of the arrow to see Soo-won with the cold expression he had that scarlet night.

"Capture them and put them in the dungeon," Soo-won ordered. He emerged from the shadows to the moonlight. "Are you alright Empress?"

"I'm fine." Her sword lowered to her side.

"I guess I was right not giving you the antidote," Soo-won smirked. "Well done. I applause you Empress." He started to clap.

"Are you the ones who sent them to kill me the first time?" (Y/n)'s (e/c) orbs glared into his.

"This is the first time. They are two different groups. I had no intentions of killing you," Soo-won is now in front of (Y/n). Him towering over her. "I never wanted it to go this far, it seem that I have to punish them."

"You're a rather cunning person I must say," (Y/n) sighed. "I never expected you to harm someone like me. Do you have intentions of war?"

"Of course not. Please don't misunderstand. I wanted to test how strong you have become," Soo-won used a hand and lifted (Y/n)'s chin, tilting her head up.

"Don't get too comfortable with me. I don't believe we met prior this whole mess," (Y/n) clutched his wrist of the hand currently on her chin. Her fingernail dig into his flesh.

"I guess I have to force my way then," he gave a wicked smile as he leaned his face closer and closer.

"Honestly I feel like I would be murdered by you if I married you. You're crazy; trying to poison me. I wonder how the people of Kouka would react to find their king attempting to murder the Empress of Kou."

"It won't go out. I don't believe you're that type of person. I do remember you saying you want to use me as a pawn in your chronicles against Kai," their foreheads touched.

"You're right. I ignore secondary things like these," Empress shoved Soo-won away. "I shall be retiring to my room. I would surely be able to rest instead of worrying about assassins right?"

"Don't worry, this is all what I planned. There would be more guards on patrol. So have sweet dreams, Empress," he waved, with his cunning smile still plastered on his face. Scoffing, the empress went to the direction of her room as Soo-won's gaze lingered on the Empress.

-

Morning soon dawned upon Kouka as the sun shone brightly. The Empress still asleep from her slumber. "Empress, wake up," Airi said while shaking her.

"I'm up.." her blank expression faced her maid as the group of maids started to prepare her.

After washing up and being dressed, (Y/n) went out of the room to immediately be greeted by Soo-won. "Are you obsessed over me to be with me at all times?"

"I just wanted to greet you," it's almost as if flowers surrounded Soo-won. His cheery expression completely different from the expression of the night before.

"I believe your coronation is today, is it not?" She sighed.

"Yes it is."

"We will be leaving tonight then. I need to go back to Kou as soon as possible," (Y/n) said.

"I understand. Are you sure you don't want to be with me longer?"

"Take care of this country," (Y/n) ignored his question. "Especially in the more rural areas. There is a lot of poverty and corruption. I trust you can fix that?"

"Yes. Of course. I want to change many things," Soo-won frowned.

"After I get more from Kai, I will return some of the land that once belong to Kouka. Don't do anything reckless. I wouldn't want to wake up to some assassins again."

-

"Empress of Kou? I've heard many things about her," Kija said while putting on of his hands on his chin. "I heard she is the prodigy child that actually got land from the Kai Empire."

"So you actually know something," teased Hak. In return, the White Dragon growled at him.

"We are probably going to meet her sometime soon," Yoon said.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Hak smirked. "Very soon"

Then pendant glowed as the sun came down.