Chapter 2: Scarlet Night

A/n: I will update this every Monday or Tuesday. So please be patient. Am I making the chapters too long? I apologize if anything seems off. Anyway Enjoy!

Warning: Violence

"Ehh. That's expected for the Empress who is renowned to be the Bloody War Empress of Kou Kingdom," Soo-Won commented while looking at the war empress.

"It is a pleasure for me to be commented by Lord Soo-Won. And for that, I shall thank you," (Y/n) replied.

Suddenly, one of (Y/n)'s knights came.  He bowed to King Il and Princess Yona, before he went to knelt down in front of (Y/n). "It seems that a group of bandits from the Kai Empire has came and invaded the Southern part of Kou. The army has been dispatched and the bandits have been captured. The three tribes are having an emergency meeting with the ministers. They sent a messenger to inquire your royal highness what to do," the knight explained.

"Thank you. You may rise," (Y/n) said while getting off the horse and taking off the archery weapon. She turned to Hak who was standing near Yona and King Il. "Son Hak, the Thunder Beast. Was it?"

"Yes, Empress," Hak bowed to her. She gestured him to rise.

"This is a nice horse you have," (Y/n) said while petting the horse's mane. "Take good care of her." She handed him the horse's leash and gave back the archery set. "Thank you for letting me use them." Hak bowed before taking the weapons.

"No. I should thank your highness for attending the celebration of our Princess's 16th birthday," Hak replied.

"No need to me modest. When I was 16, it was a wonderful year," (Y/n) smiled at Hak before turning to Emperor Il and Princess Yona. "Emperor Il, Princess Yona, and Lord Soo-Won, I shall leave to attend issues that my messenger has informed me of," She bowed before going to her room. Her knight followed her, but bowed before he left.

"She's amazing..," Yona said.

"From what I've heard from her, the Kai Empire is trying to send their Princes to marry her, but she rejected all. If she did then Kai Empire would have a strong ally," Soo-Won commented.

"Then send your marriage proposal to her, Soo-Won. You two do have similar age," Emperor Il suggested with a smile.

"W-what?!" Yona turned to her father.

"W-well, I don't really mind...," Soo-Won said.

"If you don't, there is always Hak!"

"I beg your pardon, your highness," Hak said, sweatdropping.

●●●

"Send Mamoru back to Kou with the letter I will write. Go inform Mamoru that he will be departing as soon as I write this letter. You are dismissed," (Y/n) said while her hand quickly wrote down orders.

"As you wish, your highness," the knight bowed before he left the room in a hurry.

"Bandits from the Kai Empire. Huh. Foolish criminals," (Y/n) said to herself. "I guess I will have to deal with these once in awhile. Airi. Deliver this to the messenger and Mamoru as quickly as possible if you may."