Chapter 4: Fate

A/n: I never expected to get so many votes in just the first few chapters. Thank you very much! Enjoy the chapter~

Warning: Blood, Violence, and (slight) bad language

Alongside the quiet mountainous regions near Fuuga, was (Y/n). She was quietly riding her horse in the direction of her kingdom, Kou Kingdom. Her empire has grown in the past two years to a prosperous kingdom that is feared by many.

The young empress sighed as she rode her horse. 'Problems arise one after another.. When is this going to end..? Heh. Who am I kidding? Probably not in a long time.' (Y/n) thought.

After the servant came and told Hak that Mundok was back and the Fire Tribe dammed the river, (Y/n) stayed for a little while. Observing the situation before a hawk came and gave her a message.

~Flashback~

"Welcome to the Capital, Fuuga, Your Highness (Y/n)," Mundok bowed to the dark purple haired female.

"It's ok, Mundok. It seems that the Fire Tribe has done something despicable. You should address that first," (Y/n) said while gazing at the dried up river.

"Ah yes. I rejected the idea of Soo-Won becoming king and this is the Fire Tribe's move," Mundok explained.

"Ah. She's right," Hak commented. Mundok looked at his grandson in confusion.

"Earlier when you just came back, a servant came and gave us the news that the river has been dammed. My first suspicion was towards the Fire Tribe. I just merely connected the dots," the young empress chuckled. "But this is no laughing matter. You should get this sorted out as soon as possible."

A few moments later, an hawk swooped down and landed on (Y/n)'s shoulder. She looked at the hawk before taking the message capsule on its back. Her eyes narrowed and turned into a glare. The paper started to wrinkle as she was angered. "Heh. It seems that bandits from Kai Empire turned out to be Anti-(Y/n)," (Y/n) gave a dark laugh.

"Hak. Take care. I need to be on my way now," (Y/n) said. She quickly wrote a message and put it back in the message capsule before sending the hawk back in the direction of Kou. Hak could only look at the young empress with an intrigued gaze.

~Flashback Over~

(Y/n) saw that a pebble fell near her from the cliff. She looked up and saw a person standing there. Moments after, an arrow was shot and landed in front of the horse. The horse started to panic.

"Aka! Calm down!" (Y/n) said while patting the horse in attempt to calm it down. While she was doing so an arrow pierced her left shoulder, followed by another arrow which shot her chest. (Y/n) fell off the horse and landed by the cliff. 'How can I be that careless!?'

"Hey, we shot her. What should we do now?" And unknown male voice said.

"Push her off the cliff and leave her there to die," a female voice replied.

The male then proceeded to pick up the empress. "It's all because of you that we have to suffer. Die, Empress of Kou." (Y/n) desperately tried to fight back but she was weakened by the blood loss. Her eyes started to get blurry. 'Shit.. I can't fight back.' She was thrown down the cliff and the last thing she remembered was her reaching her hand out.

"Your name will be (Y/n) (L/n).." An unknown person said while patting a young (Y/n).

"Ok. Thank you for giving me a name ####-san!", (Y/n) gave that person a wide grin.