Chapter 16: Visiting the Past

"Shin-ah, have you ever heard of Empress (Y/n) of Kou before?" Yona asked the blue dragon kindly. He shook his head in response. "Well she is a really pretty ruler of a new nation called Kou. She is really good at fighting! And she gave me this pendant for my birthday!" Yona showed the gem to Shin-ah. "Empress is extremely smart for winning wars against Kai.."

"Unlike somebody," Hak snickered in the background.

"Hey! Don't insult the princess you filthy beast!" Kija held up his claw.

"You want to fight, White Snake?" Hak smirked and grasped his weapon.

"Anytime!" Kija responded angrily.

Meanwhile, Yoon sat there stirring the soup rather quickly and fiercely as the two started to fight near him. Then a pebble came and planned into the soup. An irk mark appeared on Yoon as he clutched spoon.

"Would you quit it already!" Nonetheless to say, Yoon woke a whole bird clan as birds started appearing and flying out of their nests.

-

"Soo-won, dear, why put me in the wretched carrier with bars and chains around my wrist?" (Y/n) asked in a sickly sweet tone with hints of anger.

"I apologize, however, I cannot risk you to harming others."

"Do you not trust me?" The empress's eyes flickered with disappointment.

"Please know this is for the best, Empress (Y/n). I wish you a safe journey back to Kou," Soo-won bowed and left to talk to the head guard.

"Tch..." (Y/n) bit her fingernail in frustration of the conversation she just had moments ago with the Emperor of Kouka. "Things will go my way..."

-

"Hurry up. We should be reaching Kou by nightfall if we continue our pace," Yoon said as he walked ahead.

"Someone is eager..." Yoon whipped his head back and glared at the snickering Hak

"Shut up! And the thing empress gave you has been glowing for a while."

"Yeah. I noticed. Its a rather gloomy colour. It doesn't seem that it's a good sign," Hak's face turned serious.

"We should hurry then. Isn't it rare for the empress to be in a tough position?" Kija thought.

"Yeah. She did gain the nickname of Bloody War Empress after all," Hak put his spear on his shoulder.

"Hurry up!" Yona yelled in the distance with Shin-ah by her side.

-

Being locked here was the least I expected.. I need to find a way to get my body back.. but these chains will not budge..

Gasping a little, the Empress felt as if someone was choking her and someone was burning her skin. Her head throbbed in pain as she slipped in and out of consciousness.

It was then that random images and scenes that (Y/n) has no recollection of appeared. The first scene of that of being carried away by someone with the heat of fire sticking to her. The second scene was soldiers pointing their swords at a younger (Y/n), and the last scene was her running. That was all before she fell unconscious.

"####-san! ####-san! I want a swords rematch today!" A proud looking (Y/n) smiled happily while pointing her wooden sword at the taller figure.

"Oh ho~? Show me your improvement then!" The taller figure pulled out their wooden sword.

Later, the two lied on the ground, both panting and sweating with smiled adorned on their faces. "You've improved a lot (Y/n)!"