Cold Recruitment

3rd Person Point of View

As Naruto, Kurama and Jiraiya walked along the road of life, a cold breeze seemed to grasp their attention. It felt... familiar. At least to Naruto. Jiraiya immediately tensed as he felt a rise in chakra emanating from a nearby shed. As for Kurama, his fur seemed to stand on end as he recognized that chakra.

"Naruto-"

"I know... It's them, isn't it?" Naruto cut Kurama off.

"Yes. What will you do?" Asked Kurama.

"They might be good recruitments... However, I am not sure what his reaction might be..."

"Might as well find out." Kurama ended.

As Jiraiya listened in, he couldn't help but wonder who exactly they were talking about. It seemed rather secretive if you asked him. 

As Naruto and Kurama began approaching the little shed, Jiraiya immediately felt a shift in temperature as the ground began to freeze slowly, but surely.

"Naruto, who are we dealing with here?" Jiraiya questioned.

"You will see. These two are formidable in their own right. I fought them while I was still an ANBU in examination. They proved to be stubborn and strong in the end. They would be great allies if we can convince them to join us, however, they might be hostile at first... After all, they believe me dead."

With that, Naruto proceeded to the door of the entrance, raising his fist making Jiraiya believe he was going to knock, only to be shocked when Naruto smashed the door to shreds.

As Jiraiya's shock left his system, he barely managed to dodge what appeared to be senbon. The only difference between senbon and these were the fact that these melted as he heard a grunt of pain and the clash of metal against metal.

As the remaining dust cleared from view, one could appreciate a bigger Kurama on top of a teen girl with two buns on her head, and Naruto with a gorgeous black-bladed katana with a red streak running down it, causing both Jiraiya, and who he identified as Zabuza Momochi, to gasp at the sight of said specific blade.

"Kokuyoseki!" gasped Zabuza as he felt said blade slice right through Kubikiribocho

"Naruto!" The girl with the buns gasped as well at the sight if her best friend.

As the girl uttered Naruto's name, Zabuza took the time to analyze his opponent as his eyes widened at the sight of his former student.

"N-Naruto... it really is you!" Zabuza mumbled as he retreated his blade onto his back and sealed the discarded half.

"How are you alive!?" Zabuza exclaimed.

"It was faked... I was tasked by my sensei to eliminate you... however, I am pretty sure you know I couldn't do... However I came here to ask of your help." Naruto informed with a straight face.

"What the hell do you mean "help"? After doing us like that you still have the guts to ask us a favor?! Do you really-?" 

"TOU-SAN!" the girl Jiraiya saw, yet still didn't know the name of, screamed.

"H-Haku?" Zabuza stuttered as his daughter had never raised her voice at him...

"At least listen to what he has to say." Haku said.

"Fine... why?" Zabuza grunted.

"I am currently part of an organization known as Akatsuki. Our goal? World Peace. Unfortunately, I do not believe the path we're taking is the correct one, for they want to collect tailed beasts to revive a long forgotten monster, known as the Juubi, the Ten Tailed Beast, a monster with unimaginable power able to destroy our world. I am planning on reshaping the organization, to bring peace to the world for real, and for good. Are you willing to join me in this endeavor?" Naruto finished. 

Zabuza and Haku remained quiet as they thought on the repercussions of their choice... If they said no, he could very well dispose of them to prevent nuisances in the future, that and the world would end... If they said yes, they would very well be against high ranking Shinobi, otherwise, they wouldn't be hunting for some of the strongest entities in existence... 

"Have you decided?" Naruto asked, seeing their eyes shine with determination.

"Yes... We will..."

~to be continued~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! It's been so LONG! Yes, I somehow updated this book, however, as one can tell, I lost track of the initial plot, so I will be reworking this book at some point this year to connect it flawlessly rather than have chunks missing in between. If you have suggestions, please feel free to comment or DM me to propose ideas, after all, this story wouldn't exist if it weren't for y'all. 

Eddie signing OUT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~