"Happy" Birthday?

3rd Person POV

Naruto has been in ROOT for at least a year and a half or so.

Today, was one of the most dreaded days of his life.

It was October 10th.

His birthday.

What made matters worse, was that Kakashi was out on a mission.

Why is that bad, you ask?

Well. Its the fact that he had to spend his birthday with his so called "family".

Minato had forgotten about him once more after following him to the basement of the Hokage Tower.

Kushina only focused on Mito's training.

And Mito. Lets just say she didnt give a damn about Naruto. She only hated that her birthday was the same day as his.

If only she didnt have the eyes and hair like her mother, she could be mistaken as an Uchiha. That's how arrogant she was.

But for now, we find our blob of sunshine walking towards the party his parents were throwing for his arrogant sister.

Hint. His Arrogant Sister.

He was simply forgotten as he always was.

Naruto was afraid of his family by now.

They had forgotten of his birthday. Even if it is the same day as Mito, they could've at least give him a glance. Not a death glare as he greeted Mito.

Don't get Mito wrong. She didn't give a damn about his brother in the outside. But in the inside, she was worried about him. She knew they were driving him away, and she was a main source of it.

When she was younger, she tried to play with her brother but her mother always stopped her telling her that training was way more important than playing.

Now, she was driving him away. Even if she was aware of it.

Time skip to party.

Mito was playing with her friends as Minato and Kushina were speaking with the parents.

Naruto was simply in the far corner of the room.

He wanted to at least try to be happy, but the sight in front of him didn't allow him. All the happy faces while his was full of sadness. He couldn't expect anything else. He would be jumping of joy if at least a civilian were to tell him a small "happy birthday". Though he knew that that was asking for much.

"Alright everyone! Time to open the presents!" Called Minato as the children crowded the room.

They opened all the presents for Mito as Kakashi arrived from his mission.

He failed to notice the small ball of sunshine in the back of the crowd of children.

"Now, as for the final present, it's something very important to all of us." Trailed Minato.

"The gift from Kushina and myself is that, Mito is now the Clan Heir to the Namikaze and Uzumaki clan!" Said Minato excitedly as everyone cheered.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Including Kakashi.

Naruto, was broken.

No.

He was much beyond broken.

Now, as he saw Kakashi cheering, he felt that his heart was being torn apart in to very tiny fragments.

His birthright, was just taken away from him.

The only thing he could do, was just cry.

His tears held so much emotion that everyone in the room felt something was clenching their hearts in their chests.

Everyone looked around to look what was causing their hearts to ache.

They suddenly focused on Naruto.

"So, that's it for me , Minato? Nothing?" Asked a very frail voice coming from Naruto.

Kakashi's eye suddenly widened as he realised that he had forgotten it was Naruto's birthday. Then he felt guilt as he realised once more that Naruto had seen him cheer for Mito's present.

"Naruto I-" Kakashi was interrupted by Naruto.

"Don't say anything, Kakashi. I see that I also meant nothing to you. Now I'm wondering why you saved me all those years ago. It would've had been better if those villagers had killed me. At least then I would be free from my pain. It hurts more now that I see that I seriously mean nothing to neither my parents, sister, or supposed brother figure." Said Naruto with a voice that made everyone in the room want to cry. Even the clan leaders and the people who hated the kyuubi.

"Naruto, please don't jump to conclusions, we-" Minato began nervously but was interrupted by Naruto too.

"You what, Minato. You don't even see me. Neither Kushina nor you see me as a son. You see me as nothing. You never talk to me, you only focus on Mito. Why? Why conceive me or even keep me if you were just going to forget me. It hurts Minato! My heart hurts!" Naruto yelled the last part in tears.

"I can't stand it anymore! Everyone sees me as a demon. As a waste of space! I just want to end this. I don't want to live anymore! The only thing awaiting me on the other side is peace and happiness. Something that this place has never given to me. At least for once, I would like to feel loved. Simple love. Is that too much to ask?" Naruto whispered the last part as he took a kunai.

Minato's, Kushina's, Mito's, and Kakashi's eyes widen as Naruto's hand holding the kunai moves to his heart.

On instinct, they run to Naruto to prevent the catastrophe.

But it's too late.

Naruto's heart has been pierced.

"NARUTOOOOOOO!" Yelled Minato, Kushina, and Kakashi as they see his mouth splutter blood and his body become covered in it.

Everyone in the room were in a state of shock.

The son of the Yondaime Hokage committed suicide in front of everyone.

Minato simply grabbed him and flashed to the hospital as he desperately yelled for help.

"HELP! I NEED HELP, PLEASE!" yelled Minato.

Suddenly as doctor and nurse come to the room they see a bloody child in the Hokage's arms and run to help.

Minato's last sight of Naruto was his frail little body in a bloody mess and Kakashi and Kushina rushing to the hospital as unconsciousness claimed his sight.