The Promise of a Lifetime

3rd person POV

Minato's eyes opened slowly as he adjusted to the brightness.

The first thing that popped into his mind, was his son.

Naruto.

His eyes widened as he remembered the past events. His son. His precious son tried to commit suicide. In front of him.

At that moment, he jumped out of the bed ignoring the pain of the needles in his skin being ripped off by the sudden agressive movement and Kushina's and Kakashi's yells.

As he approached his son's room, he noticed that the door was open.

As he opened the rest of the door completely, his heart stopped and dropped.

Naruto was NOT in the room.

Minato freaked out and ran around the whole hospital looking for his son.

And guess what...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
He was nowhere to be found.

Now we find Naruto in his room in the Namikaze compound looking for the stuff he will take to the HQ of the Akatsuki.

He just heard the front door of the compound open rather harshly and fast footsteps approaching his room.

Just as he finished packing everything and opened his room's window, the door to his room was slammed.

He turned to see Minato, Kushina, Kakashi, and the person he despised completely now.

Mito Namikaze Uzumaki.

"N-naruto, w-where are you going?" Asked Kushina nervously.

"What do you care?" Asked Naruto with a menacing voice.

Everyone was taken aback by the hostility in his voice.

"N-naruto n-nii-san, where are y-you going?" Asked Mito nervously trying to emphasize the nii-san suffix.

Suddenly a black cloak with red clouds was formed by crows inside his room.

"Are you ready, Naru?" Asked a deep voice that made everyone except Mito's and Naruto's eyes widen.

Mito was clueless as who the cloaked guy could be.

"Yes, Itachi-san, let's go." Said Naruto as he threw a three-pronged kunai to Itachi who cough it and disappeared in a crowd of crows.

What happened next, left EVERYONE impressed.

Naruto was leaking red chakra.

This got everyone in a defensive stance as they knew that this chakra was the Kyuubi's chakra.

If they were impressed already, this shocked them.

Naruto disappeared in a red flash.

He had mastered the hiraishin.

This left everyone sulking.

Then a voice was heard.

"I promise, this will not be the last time we meet. This is a promise of a life time" said the voice in a dangerous voice.