Breaking Apart

I was sitting down on the couch in the living room watching iron man with the guys. I used to like iron man, but now I'm starting to get kinda tired of it after watching it for about 100 times because of Jungkook. Stupid coconut head muscle pig. It's finally been a month living with these idiots and my parents were on their way to pick me up right now after getting off the plane.

Finally the movie ended and Jungkook cheered while everyone else groaned. Instead of letting Taehyung put on his movie, I grabbed the remote and turned on the news. Currently it was just talking about weather and boring stuff until something interesting came up. It was about a group of men who were killers and managed to escape outta jail. On another channel it was talking about a car race. The next channel was cartoons. I just changed it back to the first channel and we all watched as it spoke about a really bad car crash.

Apparently a car with 3 passengers had been driving during the green light until a large truck with many long metal poles attached to the top came driving at full speed on the left. It had smashed into the driver's side and a few of the metal poles had slipped off and smashed through the windows.

Before we could see any more I changed the channel back to cartoons. I sighed deeply still thinking about the car crash. I sighed again just realizing that tomorrow school started again. We had been on break for awhile so everyone had a week off. I didn't want to deal with the stupid school stuff, but I couldn't stop going to school.

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted when my phone started ringing loudly. I excused myself while the boys were busy fighting about who had the best style of clothing. I walked into the hallway and picked up the phone. " Hello? " I said. " Hello, is this Y/n? " The person on the other line that sounded like a lady near her early thirties asked. " Yes, this is her speaking. " I answered. " Well, this is xxx hospital and we are sorry to say that we currently have your mother, father, and brother all in the hospital. They are all currently in surgery and we were told to call you by your older brother. " I froze after what the lady on the other line said. " O-okay I'll be on m-my way. "

Right after I said that, I hung up the call and wiped away my tears before running upstairs to where my stuff was and pulled on a jacket. I ran back downstairs and pulled on my socks with my heart thumping against my chest. As I was about to leave the house I realized I had no car to drive. I turned back to the boys who were all now standing there staring at me. " I need you guys to take me to xxx hospital now. " I said. They all looked confused but still obeyed and slipped on their shoes before we all went into Jin's van.

After everybody was inside, Jin made sure we had ourselves buckled before he stepped on the gas pedal and we were zooming down the street to wherever the hospital was. It only took us about 10 minutes to get there since Jin was surprisingly driving very fast. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I had threw open the van door and jumped out. I raced to the front desk of the hospital and calmed myself before asking the lady at the front desk, " Hello, I am Y/n and I had gotten a call about my mother, father, and brother who were said to be in surgery. " The lady looked up at me and nodded saying, " Yes I was the one who called. Okay since they are still in surgery you'll have to wait in the hall over there to the right where they are still in surgery. You and whoever you may have come with are allowed to wait there patiently until you get the news from the doctor, but you are not allowed to enter the surgery room. If you do you will be forced out of the room. "

I nodded at her and noticed that the guys were all standing patiently behind me. We all walked to where the lady pointed at and the boys plopped down in the empty seats. I was too worried to sit down so I paced around the hall in front of the boys. I suddenly remembered about Jennie and Lisa. They both loved my parents and Jennie kinda had a crush on my older brother, but honestly I still don't really know about how they'd react.

I dialed Jennie's number first. She answered on the second ring. " Jennie, m-my parents and brother are in the hospital. They're still in surgery. I don't know about what's gonna happen. " I said. I heard her gasp until she spoke, " Okay, wait there. I'm with Lisa so we'll drive over. Which hospital? " After I told her which hospital I was at she said goodbye and hung up.

I was starting to get tired of pacing back and forth, so I plopped myself down onto the empty seat and sat there with my head in my hands. Now I am starting to regret everything bad I've ever done to them. I cried silent tears, but wiped them away furiously. Although I may have been a bad daughter and sister, I still loved my family more than the world and my family loved me back. We were always there for each other, even though we may not have seemed like the best family, and it was still good enough for us.

I let out a shaky breath and I heard the doctor come out of the surgery room. I looked up as he called out my parent's and brother's name and stood up walking over to him. He looked at me and gave me a sad smile saying, " Are you perhaps Y/n? " I nodded and he forced a smile and said, " I'm sorry to say, but your family didn't make it. Your father had died instantly when his side of the car was smashed and your mother had lost too much blood when a metal pole had impaled her in the ribs. Your brother had been in the back seat and also got another pole stabbed through his body so he also died of blood loss. We tried our best to save them, but there was nothing we could do. We had also figured out about who the other driver was and the police had handled him. I'm sorry for your loss. "

I nodded and the doctor walked away to do something else. I didn't know what to feel I felt numb. Then I felt anger, pain, and frustration. I didn't know how or what to do to stop it, but I ended up hitting the wall nearest me with my right fist. I continued to hit the wall and cry at my loss. I leaned my forehead against the wall I was hitting and cried out. " Why? Why did it have to be them? Why couldn't it be me? They didn't do anything wrong. I was the wrong one, but why did they end up hurt? Why did they end up dead? Why? " I kept repeating this to myself until I punched the wall one last hard time and turned around with my eyes shut. I leaned my back against the wall and let myself slide down. I sat there crying with my arms folded on top of my knees and my head buried in my arms.

Suddenly I felt the presence of someone next to me while I heard the voices of Jennie and Lisa speaking to the boys in the background. The person next to me sighed and pulled me onto their lap and into a hug. I had quickly figured out who it was by their cologne. It was Yoongi. I hugged him back and cried into his shoulder as he held me with one arm while his other hand was stroking my head lightly. He spoke calming words into my ear to get me to calm down.

After awhile I had managed to calm down but was still sniffling a bit here and there. I had fixed myself while crying somehow so I was sitting on Yoongi's lap with my legs outstretched in front of me. My left arm was wrapped around his back while my head rested in the crook of his neck. My right hand was playing with Yoongi's left one while his right arm was wrapped around my back. Bruises had started to form on my right hand and Yoongi gently rubbed his fingers over them.

I sighed and closed my eyes letting my head rest on Yoongi's shoulder as I was slowly starting to fall asleep from all the crying. I had never felt so much feeling. I had never broken apart. But now I know what breaking apart feels like because of loved ones.