Chapter 21

The black smoke, flying out of my hands, still puzzles me. And Kira doesn't have an answer yet.

  Since that day, we have been in our tents, our parents not knowing anything, and Kira doesn't visit us. Or particularly me, to tell me about the black smoke. I make a mental note and reminder to visit Sage later, hoping to get more infomation from it.

  Well, today is another new day. And I'm still always thinking about the dark force, Xylia, Tessia, all the others. I wonder where they are now, or are they even alive? And Zerina, is she still frozen? I don't want to risk visiting her, who knows what she could be doing in that room? Throwing smoke in the four corners?

  Back to reality, I look around and it's morning. Sky is bright, but the others are all still asleep. It's kind of rare that I'm the first to wake up. I hear some whispering, and then look around again, all of them look asleep.

  "Boo!" 

  I flinch and scream before opening my eyes once again, and realise all three of them were already awake, and trying to scare me. 

  "Seriously?" I growl with frustration. "What was that for?"

  "We tried waking you up earlier, but you didn't wake up, even when I yelled into your ear," Zal starts.

  "You did?" I interrupt.

  "Yeah, and so we decided to scare you. The end," Zal continues.

  Odette laughs loudly and Taron silences her, although he, himself, is also laughing away.

  "What a piercing scream you have," Odette mumbles between her laughter.

  "Yeah yeah, I know," I say. "So what's on today?"

  "I don't know," Taron says quietly. I stand up slowly.

  "Food first," I say. "Maybe some games later."

  "Games?" Zal asks.

  "Yeah, unless something goes wrong," I reply. "I hope not.'

  "Alright," Zal nods and we go out of the camp. "Oh, and we need food for our parents too."

  "Actually, I wonder how long can they stay here," Odette says. "I mean like there is evil out there, and we have different magic from others, but they don't, and if they don't survive, it won't be good."

  "But if they don't stay here, where can they be?" Taron asks.

  "I don't know," Odette says. "Maybe back at the Mystic World?"

  "And when do you plan to do that?" I ask.

  Before anyone can reply, we step out of the camp and four big cats growl. Our Felitz. They purr and laugh at their growl as they gather around us. Flight nudges me and I pet it. It smiles at me and blink it's big eyes. I can feel it's warmth and I smile too. Turbo roars loudly, and the others roar back. Including Flight.

  "They want a race," Zal yells.

  "Go for it," we say together.

  "Food can wait!" I add. 

  Flight bends down to let me get onto it. I jump up and then Turbo roars once again, and then Flight starts to run. The others too. They speed around the place, not stopping for a break. As usual, the ride is fun. I'm getting hungrier every second though, it's a first that I'm wishing for such a fun activity to stop so we can get food.

  The race soon ends and we pick some fruits to eat, as well as some extras for our parents, and I guess, Eira. The fruits grow quickly, and there are many trees so we don't have to worry about food shortage. I eat some cherries, and get some for Eira and our parents too. The flying cherries love having games with you, flying around while you try to grab them, it's kind of fun actually, well of course after a race, when I'm feeling exhausted, I would rather pick those 'sleeping' or rather, those in the trees. As we ride on our Felitz, we go back to the camp, with our hands full of fruits. Entering the tent where our parents are talking to each other. I wonder what they are talking about, I mean, like there is nothing much to talk about in this current situation, is there?