Chapter 17

"Zal?" I ask. "Zal, you alright?"

  "Lumi... Get them... down the corridor, find Taron and help," Zal gasps.

  "Odette!" I yell. "Come out, please!"

  Zal opens his eyes and smiles. 

  "I just need some time before I'll be fine," Zal says, and he sounds more stable. "I'll be fine."

  And I trust him. Not completely, but I have to move on, no matter what is happening.

  Odette rushes out from the room and comes to me.

  "Quick, gotta go," I say quickly as I pull her hand. "Follow me."

  I run down the corridor just like Zal said and I see one of the door ajar. 

  "What happened?" Odette asks me.

  "I don't know, Zal told me Taron is in here and he needs help," I say as I peer into the door to see a few Mystics tied up but magic flying around is visible. "You ready?"

  "Ready for what?" Odette asks but she peers in too and sees what I just saw. "Oh, yes, yes, let's quickly go in."

  "Let's go," I say before kicking the door open and I rush in. The room seems clearer now, and I know what's happening.

  The Mystics are fighting back! And now, Taron is fighting against them-- alone.

  Not anymore.

  My hands gather a strong gust of wind as I aim at the row of Mystics that Taron is fighting. Taron is blocking, and I might hurt him if he stands there. 

  "Taron, get down!" I yell at him and I see him flinch before moving away a little to look at who I am. Immediately, I let the magic go before Odette does her part too, unleashing some water magic that hits them unconsious. 

  "Yeah!" Odette yells as she high-fives me and we smile. She then walks over to Taron and checks his injuries. Taron quickly ties them up and locks the room as we leave.

  "Zal, I need to check on Zal, he was shot out of the room," Taron says. I walk out of the room, down the same corridor. Zal sits upright, and I know he feels better.

  "Hey," he says quietly.

  "Where did you get hit?" I ask him. 

  "My shoulder," Zal replies as he places his left hand on his right shoulder. "Aches a little, but I'm fine overall, just some shock that sent me flying out of there, nothing that bad." 

  "You should get up," I say as I offer him my hand though I know I can't pull him up. He still holds my hand and uses his other hand to support his weight as he stands. 

  "I'm fine, really," he says.

  "I didn't ask you," I laugh.

  "I figure you would," he replies and smiles.

  "You're right," I nod. "You okay?"

  "Shut up," Zal laughs.

  "You're wrong," I say. "Whatever."

  "Let's go back, I want to see my family," Zal says. 

  "Okay," I say as I glance at Odette who is trying to help the injured Taron. "We'll go back to the room and get our parents a nice tent. And maybe before that visit Kira to check if she has emergency supplies or medicine, if not, we'll just pick some medication from that woods. Forest. Whatever you would like to call it."