Chapter 13

I jolt up, fully awake. My family. Are they safe?

  I turn to see Zal awake already, sitting there in a daze.

  "Morning," I say and get up, brushing my hair back. Zal looks back at me and smiles. 

  "Hey," he says, noticing that my hair isn't all that messy. "You've got special hair."

  "Don't mind that," I mutter before rubbing my eyes.

  "Yeah, yeah," Zal says before looking up at the just awoken Taron.

  "You two noisy lovebirds," Taron mutters before getting up too.

  "We weren't that noisy," I say quietly and Zal protests, "We aren't birds!"

  "So defensive," Taron says before he greets us. "Good morning, anyways."

  "Oh, that formality," Zal says. "Just be comfortable and say a hey."

  "Doesn't really make a difference," Taron says grudgingly.

  "You two crazy quarrel starters," I say, rolling my eyes. 

  "Oh, shut up," Zal replies before putting his finger on my mouth and I hit his hand, hard. "Seriously?"

  "Yup," I reply, as he draws his hand back. Taron laughs and our noise wakes the peaceful Odette up.

  "Hello!" Odette chirps as she wakes up. "Nice to see you all awake!"

  "Hey," I say.

  "See the difference of Taron and Odette waking up," Zal states and I laugh.

  "Whatever," Taron replies. 

  "I mean, seriously, big difference!" Zal says and I place my hand over his mouth just like he did before he can continue to talk.

  "Oh, shut up," I imitate his voice and he laughs when I draw my hand back.

  "Learning from me, aren't you?" Zal says and I shake my head.

  "I'll prefer not too," I reply him and then we laugh again.

  "What's wrong?" Odette asks. "What about our difference?" 

  "You too," Taron says. "Shut up." 

  "Oh, come on, I just woke up, show some love," Odette whines.

  "Yeah yeah," Taron says as he places his hand on her shoulder. "Define love."

  "Don't play dumb," Odette says as she push his hand away. "You know what I mean."

  "Yeah yeah," Taron says again and Odette rolls her eyes.

  "Stop it," Odette says quietly and she looks up at Taron and Taron hugs her gently. "Oh gosh, Taron."

  "You asked for it," Taron replies.

  "Yeah, maybe I did," Odette mumbles.

  "That was kind of funny," I whisper to Zal quietly.

  "And you didn't laugh?" Zal asks me.

  "Didn't want to interrupt," I say and then a loud meow interrupted our conversations. Oh, right. I forgot. We forgot. The Felitz are here with us. 

  "Good morning," Odette sings as her Felitz wake up and walk to her. "Oh my! I just felt my Felit speak to me through my mind! It's so cool!"

  Oh yes. I remember what happened. They have powers too, some cool gifted ones.

  The other three Felitz wake up one by one, and the second Felit to wake up is mine. It opens it's beautiful eyes and blink once, and then twice, scanning the place. It's gaze falls onto me and I hear it meow. I smile and it meows once more before bouncing up to me.