Chapter 5

"Wake up, now!" A new voice interrupts my thoughts. Kira. "They are here, they are breaking into the place, you have to be ready."  

  I jolt up, fully awake. They are here! No, the nightmare is coming true. Quickly, everyone wakes up and prepare themselves for battle.

  "I saw you all practising last night, do you know how to control your magic?" Kira asks urgently.

  "We kind of learnt to," I reply on behalf of everyone. 

  "Okay," Kira replies, slightly relieved. "Then I will need you to fight this battle. Be ready when it comes. You should not be in the open. Grab your weapons, and come into the building." 

  We grab our weapons before rushing into the building with Kira. We keep our weapons in another room, only have a small gun in our pockets.

  "Magic is sometimes stronger than weapons," Kira says. 

  "Okay," we agree with her before she brings us to a room. 

  "You can continue to practice your magic in this room before they come. Each one of you just pick one room."

  I enter one of the rooms quickly and immediately start to concentrate on my power. I start with the normal smoke. And then, I push the wall with it. I soon create a crack in the wall. I pull the smoke back before the wall crack further. The smoke swirls around my hand and then I spread my wings slowly and flap them quickly. I jump into the air, letting my wings carry my weight. I spin around and shoot the smoke at another wall. I see the wall shake a little, but no cracks.

  Suddenly the room turns dark. We all hurry out of the rooms and reunite with each other and meet Kira.

  "They're here," Kira says. "Be careful. I will distract them with duplication power. Then, when they finally enter this building, be prepared for the worst. Don't struggle too much though, you might die if you do. Please, do not die. And before I go, I will say this one last time. Fight to defend. Kill the evil. Sacrifice for others. Love for unity. Explore the secrets you never knew, unleash your power."

  "We got it," We say together with confidence.

  "That's great," Kira says and she smiles. "I'll see you all, later." She leaves the place quickly. She's going to face the Mystics!

  "Zal, this can't happen," I say quickly.

  "What?" He asks.

  "She's going to die there. She's going to get killed there. They won't spare her!" I say, half screaming.

  "No, she won't," Zal says quietly. "Calm down. She is going to duplicate herself and confuse them, she is not going to die."

  "How would you know?" I ask.

  "It's the only sensible thing to do," Zal replies. 

  "Fine," I agree with him before we spread out a little to prepare to approach the Mystics. "I don't want to die."

  "We won't," Zal says. "The five of us shall not die."

  "Glad to know you are so sure about that," I reply blankly as I hear footsteps. "They're coming." 

  Before the door opens, Kira rushes in.

  "You prepared?" Kira asks. I draw some smoke out and hide it back into my hands and nod. She smiles and the door opens slowly.

  "Why, hello, dear rebels," Zerina's voice boom loudly.

  "What do you want?" Kira says angrily.