Chapter 18

My first aiming goes to the person right in the middle of the room. I gather the wind, the strong wind in the place, and uses its force to throw the person to the ground. The person falls to the ground and it seems like he or she has fainted. I take a step forward and look at the person.

  "Hello there," Zal speaks. "Who are you messing with?"

  "Shut up," the person says weakly. 

  "Why should I?" Zal asks, and I glance at him. "Why should I listen to you?"

  "Stop," I say quietly as I nudge Zal.

  "Shut up," the person repeats.

  "Why must I?" Zal asks angrily, almost shouting. 

  "Hush," I tell Zal and he glares at me too, but he doesn't know what he is doing. This person is certainly a Mystic, one with magic. A sudden blow could catch him off-guard. "Stop it, please."

  "No," Zal shakes his head. "This guy is going to die. He was about to kill our parents!"

  "Maybe he wasn't!" I answer him.

  "You saw the magic, didn't you?"

  "Well, sure, I did. But you don't just kill him like this!" I reply him.

  Zal stays silent as he turns back to the Mystic. 

  "May I just ask, what are you doing here?" Zal asks him.

  "What else could I be doing?" He replies before trying to stand up. And I watch as his hands clench. Zal looks at Taron who is beside him and then whispers something to him. Then, the Mystic lets go.

  And I see a lightning bolt shoot out from his hands. Directly at Zal. And he doesn't realise. 

  "Zal!" I shriek before pushing him away. I fall foward, before feeling a huge vibration in my body before falling to the ground. My hand feels numb.

  "Lumi!" Odette says as she crouches beside me. I recongize the voice, and I just lie down. I feel weak. I feel dead. I feel gone.

  "I'll be back," I hear Taron says.

  I blink my eyes slowly and in the blur I see Zal beside me with Odette.

  "Not again," I hear Zal mutter.

  Odette stands up, and she shrieks in frustration as she stamps her foot on the ground. I see some mist around her as she gathers her magic together.

  "You rogue!" She yells. "You'll pay for this!"

  Zal turns around to look at Odette too.

  Odette holds her hand up in the air and she lets the water magic of hers harm the electic Mystic.

  I hear shrieks, lower ones, and I know how Odette is killing the Mystic now.

  "Stop, Odette," I say in my loudest possible voice. 

  "Why?" Odette asks.

  "This guy couldn't be here just to kill our parents. Zerina couldn't have gave him this order," I say. "There should be another reason behind it."

  I stand up slowly. And then, I feel myself falling back to the ground, another electric wave flowing through me and I feel like I'm heated up. I open my eyes and see some mist, some magic, floating about. I blink and turn to look at the others. The Mystic stands still as he watches quietly. Then, the mist slowly separates, and I can see the shade of colour is different. One half is the fire, from Zal. And the other is the electricity, from this Mystic. And it got out of me. My power won over it. I watch as the fire enter Zal's out-stretched hands and he smiles. I smile too, and I feel much better.