31.I like you a bit

Start from the beginning

I took that glass and started drinking and I liked that flavour. I remembered something and I looked back to his face which was now smiling widely seeing his friends dancing on the floor like mad people.

I asked, "You will not drink?".He stopped drinking and turned to my side, lifted the glass that he was holding, and showing that to me he replied "I am drinking Princess."

He smiled and I replied without a change in my expression "Not this. Hard drinks. You will not drink alcohol now?"

He smiled widely and said "You told me that you don't like people who drink alcohol and now you are insisting me to drink that.?Does that mean you are trying to hate me and planning to make me drink to accomplish that task of yours?"

I was stunned by his words and I didn't close my mouth also. How can he come up with such a statement? I diverted my eyes from his eyes and seeing the glass in my hand I said "I don't want to hate you. I think I like you a bit"

He was silent for a while. There was not even a small noise except for my heartbeat. After what felt like an eternity he kept his glass aside and bringing his hand up he turned my face by pulling my chin and now I am facing him directly.

 After what felt like an eternity he kept his glass aside and bringing his hand up he turned my face by pulling my chin and now I am facing him directly

He spoke slowly "Me and Meghna planned on marrying princess. We have planned so many things for our marriage."

I was shocked by that confession. Is he trying to say that even if I don't hate him he wants me to hate him as he has some past with Meghna? And they planned their wedding together? What does that even mean?

He said seeing my shocked face "She proposed to me 3 years back and I said yes as I thought marrying my friend would be better compared to marrying a stranger."

He thought of marrying some other girl 3 years back and he didn't think of telling me or my father when they gave this marriage proposal. And what did he say? He didn't want to marry a stranger and at last, he married one.

And yes I am that stranger. I didn't know that this 'stranger' word would be this painful when I used that word many times before to describe him. But now I felt like my new beautiful world had collapsed all of a sudden.

I removed his hands from my face and I moved a little back without saying anything but I could sense tears forming around my eyes stating that if I didn't go now I was going to cry in some time.

I turned around and without listening to the voice that was coming from behind asking me to stop I rushed to my room and after closing the door behind me, I went and sat on the bed closing my eyes tightly with my hands.

I heard the noise of door getting opened and I realized that I hadn't locked the door after coming inside. I didn't raise my head as I didn't want to see who came into my room.

I felt some person sitting on their legs in front of me and I can say that person was kneeling now in front of me and I felt his hands on my hands and I slowly moved my hands and opened my eyes to find Vikky in front of me.

Tears started rolling down my eyes and I didn't speak anything. He wiped my tears with his hands and helped me to stand on my legs and said "Go to sleep, Princess. We will talk about this tomorrow."

I looked into his eyes hoping for an explanation or some kind of apology. But here he is asking me to sleep without trying to explain his relationship with Meghna.

I said slowly wiping my tears "I can't sleep unless I understand your relationship with her."

He stared into my eyes deeply with sadness creeping all over his face."I thought of explaining this in an appropriate way princess. I don't want you to get upset on the fourth day of our marriage."

I turned my head in the other way avoiding any further eye contact with him. I can feel the pain in his eyes but I don't want to melt because of that pain. He continued "I have already told you before that we were in a close relationship princess. So close that we are going to get married in the next 4 months. I thought of telling my parents after discussing it with her parents."

I did not have the strength to stand anymore. So I slowly came near my bed and sat on that keeping one leg down and folding the other. He came along with me and sat beside me maintaining some safe distance.

"Suddenly they told me that I have to marry you. So.." I didn't allow him to continue whatever he was trying to say. I spoke harshly in the middle "So you thought let's try marrying a stranger and keep that close relationship as it is with that lover of you. Right?"

I don't know why I said those words but I can feel a sharp pain in his eyes and he opened his mouth in order to explain something but I stopped him and said "Don't speak Vikranth. I am tired and I am the least bit interested in your love life now. I want to sleep and please go and continue whatever you are doing before with your lover. Good night"

I snapped and slept on the bed pulling the blanket on top of me and closing my eyes too hard without removing the blanket I said "Close the door before leaving. I don't want any more strangers in my life."

Thanks again for your support and please vote comment share and follow my work 😊