7. THE ENGAGEMENT

I heard few noises as I was sleeping in my bed. I thought all those noises are part of my dream. In fact, I hoped all the things that happened yesterday to be part of some nightmare that will deflate as soon as I open my eyes. I felt someone tapping my shoulder and calling me. "Amy. Wake up. It's 3 and you have to get ready for the function. Wake up, dear." 

I forced my eyes to open ignoring the pain. My head felt like it is going to explode in some time. With much effort, I opened my eyes and looked at Bhavana as she gave me a glorious smile and told "Good morning dear. Wake up. Here's your coffee. Go, take bath, and get ready. Here's your dress" I looked in the direction where she was pointing and saw the saree which she brought to my room yesterday. 

She was wearing one of my traditional dresses and has little makeup. Her hair is tied back into a messy bun and she is looking gorgeous in that dress and that jewelry of mine. Bhavana is like a sister to me and it never bothered me when she wears something of mine. I always felt that my things will suit her more than they suit me.

I rubbed my eyes and removed the blanket that's covering me and got off the bed. I saw a lot of people roaming all over my room with things in their hands. I know what all this is about. They are preparing for my engagement. I walked towards the washroom and bolted the door. I washed my face and took shower. I cleaned myself and got fresh and by the time I came out no one is there in my room except Bhavs. 

I wore the saree and she helped me with jewelry. I dried my hair and she straightened it leaving little curls at the end to give some wavy nature to my hair. I applied little makeup and bhindi. I stood and saw myself in the mirror. I love getting ready but today I hated it. I sighed once and tried to accept my fate. Bhavana brought breakfast and fed me so that my makeup don't get ruined because of eating. 

As I was hungry, I ate without complaining. After eating some I felt someone staring at me and I turned to see who that was. I saw my dad staring with eyes full of tears but I can see his lips curled into a smile stating that those are happy tears.

He came and sat beside me and took the plate from Bhavs and he started feeding me. I tried to stop the tears that are about to form because I know the moment he see me crying his smile will fade and he will feel bad. I forced a smile on my face and ate without saying a single word. After that, they took me down and I saw Vikranth already sitting down on a mat between his mother and father. My house was full of so many people. Most of them are strangers to me. 

I saw a girl sitting in front of Vikranth and as soon as my eyes met with hers she gave an elegant and wide smile. I returned her smile and she got up from her place and came to me cheerfully . Holding my hand which Bhavs was holding till now, she spoke with so much enthusiasm "Hi Bhabhi . I am Kavya. Welcome to the family" and smiled. Okay, so she is my future sister-in-law, sister of the stranger to whom I am getting engaged in some time. I smiled and sat down in front of them and my dad sat beside me.

It took around half an hour. I didn't listen or pay any attention to whatever is happening around me until I felt my dad's hand on my hand. I turned and saw my dad smiling showing his hand which has a ring which by the way is too beautiful with a small diamond stone on top of that. I understood what I am supposed to do. 

Silently I took the ring, stood up and saw that the groom was already standing and looking me with a little worried look on his face. He is too good at hiding his expressions. He is the one who told me everything will be ok yesterday night. Now he is with some worried and troublesome expression that I cannot read.

 I turned my eyes from his face and looked down to the ring which I was holding now in my hand. He forwarded his hand and I placed the ring on his ring finger. I tried my level best not to touch his fingers or hand while I was trying to push the ring to slide in his finger. Once I succeeded I heard people clapping and my dad cheering with happiness.

I turned to see the happy face of my dad and his eyes filled with tears seeing his expression. Then I felt some fingers touching my hand and I am startled because of that. When I turned, I saw that my groom to-be took my hand with two fingers of his left hand and held it smoothly. I raised my eyes to look into his eyes and saw a teardrop at the edge of his brown eyes. That was a very tiny drop and unless you notice it with keen observation no one can see that. 

In the middle of my dad's excitement and his sister's cheering I can see him trying hard to hold that tiny teardrop and forcing a smile which I think is a fake one. Then I saw him raise his eyes to meet mine and then came that tiny tear flowing through the tip of his sharp and cute nose. He immediately turned away and when he turned back to face me there was no trace of teardrop that I saw before. 

When I heard a hell of lot of noises around me I turned and saw Bhavs, Dad, and Kavya along with her parents shouting and laughing hard. Then I realized that I was wearing a small, elegant and beautiful diamond ring which is looking too good. It is identical to the ring that I kept in Vikrant's hand.

Then I realized that in the process of noticing expression of Mr

Then I realized that in the process of noticing expression of Mr. Stranger I got engaged to him officially. Yes, I just got engaged to the person whom I met not more than 12 hours ago. And I am going to get married in one week. 

Please Vote Comment and Share this book if you like it. It means a lot to me.