17.My Flight to Delhi

After the completion of the ritual, it was 1 in the morning. Our flight to Delhi is at 9:30. So we have to start at 8 to reach the airport. We went inside after bidding bye to all the relatives. The busy home was now vacant and hardly there are any people left inside the house.

I went to my room and had a little dinner which bhavs brought for me. I changed my clothes and packed whatever was left as I am going to travel today itself. All the memories which I had with this house flashed at once. I slowly closed my eyes and tears started coming from my eyes.

When I was on the verge to cry, the door suddenly opened and my dad came in. My tears got stuck at the tip of my eyes and I saw him coming near and sitting beside me on my bed.

He took my hand into his and told "Princess. You don't know how happy I am today. You proved to me that I am blessed to have you as my daughter. I know that you are angry for what I did to you but trust me, princess, I have my own reasons and I can't discuss them now."

I slowly closed my eyes and leaned my head on my dad's chest and said "Hmm. I love you, dad."

He slowly stroked my hair and replied "I know dear. I love you too. Go and get some sleep. We have to start around 8 today and there are hardly 6 hours left for you to get a good night's sleep."

He kissed my forehead and made me lie down on my bed and said "Good Night Princess" pulling my blanket up such that it covers me.

"Good night dad" I replied and closed my eyes to get some sleep.

I was startled and opened my eyes as I felt someone repeatedly shaking me in my sleep

I was startled and opened my eyes as I felt someone repeatedly shaking me in my sleep. When I opened my eyes I saw bhavs standing in front of me holding her hands in dismay.

I slowly rubbed my eyes and opened them to ask "What?"

"What what? See the time now. It's 7:00 and when are you planning to get ready to catch your flight?" She shouted at me.

I closed my ears with a pillow which she yanked from my hand and forced me to get up from bed and pushed me into the washroom.

"You literally have 30 mins to get ready. I am not sure how you are going to manage that." She rolled her eyes at me and walked out of my room. I hate when she rolls her eyes like that.

I cleaned myself and took one happy shower and came out after wiping myself clean and saw the dress that is waiting for me on my bed. God, I will miss bhavs. :( She is my second mom after all...

It was a simple saree and looked great on me. Thanks to Bhavs. I set my hair and wore little makeup and jewelry as I am going to travel now. I hate flight journeys as there will be nothing to do practically once you get on the plane.

 I hate flight journeys as there will be nothing to do practically once you get on the plane

When I got ready I checked the time and it was 15 minutes past 8. I hope I was not late and I hurriedly checked if I have taken everything from my room and literally missed my room when I came outside.

As I was not looking ahead, I dashed into someone and instantly closed my eyes trying to calm myself and because of that hitting, I stumbled back. Without my knowledge, I grabbed something that helped me from falling back.

I slowly opened my eyes to the familiar scent that is coming from the person whom I hit just now. Yes as I expected it is my dear husband. I looked into his eyes and then I saw that my hand is clutched to his collar. The thing that I grabbed to help me up was his collar. When both of our eyes met we smiled at the realization that this is how we met one week back.

 When both of our eyes met we smiled at the realization that this is how we met one week back

We smiled and when we heard my dad's voice calling from down to come we stopped grinning. He led the way and I went down the stairs following my husband.

The journey to the airport and check-in and all formalities took some 2 hours and at last, we were on the plane. I got a middle seat and in my next seat I expected bhavs but to my surprise it was Vikky. The other side of the seat is empty. As I can relax well I didn't bother to ask him to trade his window seat.

I didn't speak anything. He brought one magazine and started reading that. I brought my favorite novel with me, I started reading it while listening to some music. Slowly I felt that my eyes were dropping and I am not able to keep them up.

So I closed my book and removed the earphones from my ears and slept off. As it is a long journey and it will take more than 3 hours to reach our destination, I felt difficult to sleep. I felt someone touching me or tugging me but didn't feel like opening my eyes as I didn't get a good sleep from yesterday.

When I woke up, I felt very relaxed and I didn't feel to get up only. I felt one hand on my waist and got stiffened by that thought. At first, I thought I was dreaming or something but I can feel the movement of that hand and I noticed that I was not lying back but I felt like I was lying on someone's lap.

I got tense and didn't dare to open my eyes completely. I opened one eye and peeked through that and I was taken aback by my sleeping posture. I can see a handsome face and I am literally sleeping on my husband's lap.

He noticed my movement and glanced to see my face and he caught me staring at him one-eyed as if I am amazed by my position

He smiled and asked, " Had a nice sleep, Princess?" I immediately opened both my eyes got from his lap feeling embarrassed and removed the blanket that is covering me and sat in my seat. I didn't dare to look at his face. My aggravated breath gave him a hint of my flustered state and he chuckled loudly I immediately closed my face with my hands and turned to the opposite side. Damn...

Thanks again for your support and please vote comment share and follow my work 😊