Chapter 19: BabySitting

Börja om från början

Okay what.

She's...my neighbour now? Just..how- why?

I stared at her for a few seconds, blinking my eyes rapidly as I took in everything she just said.
"So....you're saying... That, my parents..asked you to come over to my house, and you're a complete stranger." I spoke slowly.

"Okay yeah. I know it sounds crazy. But that's what happened. You can ask them." She raised her hands.

I don't blame my parents. Lauren is beau–
I shook my head and stood up, sighing before nodding my head as I pointed to the door.
"Okay yeah I believe you. But as you can see, I'm perfectly fine. So...you can go now." I winced slightly at my rude tone and pursed my lips at her reaction.

"Oh. Um.. No- yeah, I'll go now." She stood up, locking eyes with me and I looked away, not wanting to catch myself gazing into her eyes.

Clearing her throat, she walked passed me and I caught her scent as she passed by.

Mint and vanilla... I love it.

"Uh. Bye." She waved and moved to walk out.

I didn't want her to leave quite yet though... But. I also don't want her to think we're okay or whatever if I asked her to stay...

She reached for the doorknob, twisting it and the door opened as I watched her take her first step outside.

Oh fuck it. Its now or never.

"Do you maybe want to stay back for a little while longer? I uh...have coffee.. Or tea. If that's what you prefer." I finally sighed out.

Her face lit up and she moved back in, smiling as she nodded her head slowly.
"I mean. If it's okay."

"Of course. I'm the one who suggested it." I chuckled and stepped back, walking to the kitchen.

I'm not sure what I'm doing.. But, I don't want her to go.
I missed her..

"You can sit in the living room and turn on the TV if you want. I'll just be quick." I called out from the kitchen.

"Tea or coffee?" I asked from the kitchen, hearing her shout back 'tea please' and I chuckled before moving around the kitchen, grabbing the box of tea before turning on the electric kettle.

I sat down on one of the stools as I waited for the kettle to boil, sighing to myself.

I'm still somewhat upset with Lauren...that's for sure.
But its just tea. So its fine.
I'm just gonna give her her tea, wait for her to finish and watch her leave from my house.

I stood back up, making her tea before pouring the hot water in, watching all the sugar and milk dissolve before grabbing the teaspoon, mixing it before carefully picking it up.

"Shit." I mumbled as some of the hot water dripped into my hand, biting my lip at the slight painful burn it caused my skin to have.

Walking into the living room, I raised my eyebrows at the sight of Lauren holding my old family album as she went through it with a small smile on her face.

I cringed at a picture of young 4 year old me wearing a batman costume during Halloween, because well... I looked ridiculous in that outfit.

Like..seriously? What were mom and dad thinking? The colour doesn't even look black, more like..dark red. Cringe. Just cringe.
I mean.. I look cute so, shut up. Yes. I was a beautiful kid.

I cleared my throat, snorting at her little squeak and I placed the cup down on the table, raising my eyebrows questioningly.

"Oh uh. Sorry, I didn't mean to.." Lauren started.