Chapter 17: Last Time

Start from the beginning

Iris nodded her head and I turned to her, a smile on my face at her shy state as I placed a hand on her arm to calm her down.

She smiled back at me encouragingly and I dropped my hand, turning back around to find Laurens eyes staying on the place where I touched her and her face held......jealousy?

Smirking a bit to myself, I turned back around to look at Iris.
"Uh. Yes. My name is Iris Wilson." She introduced herself.

Lauren narrowed her eyes at us before clearing her throat.
"You guys do realise that you're both late and that I have to give you both detention? Right?" Lauren says with a pointed look.

I turned back around, seeing Iris's eyes widen in panic and I frown quietly to myself.

She's new here and she already has detention because she stayed back to help me? I don't think so.

"Um. Sorry ma'am but uh. In all honesty I think I should be in detention." I spoke out, gritting my teeth together because as much as I hate talking to her now. I don't want Iris to get into trouble on the first day.

Lauren raised her eyebrows before humming quietly to herself.
"And why is that?" She questioned with her head tilted to the side, a small part of her neck skin exposed and
I'm sure she did that on purpose.

To tease me? I don't fucking know.
Its working though. And that's the part I hate.

I glanced to the side, seeing Iris looking at me with her eyebrows furrowed together as she gazed at me curiously.

I nodded my head as if to say 'don't worry I got this' before turning back around to face Lauren.

"Uh. I wasn't really feeling well and she found me.. So um.. She stayed with me and that went on until the tardy bell rang and well...now we're here. So please.. I should be the one in detention. Not her. All she did was help me so...yeah." I say truthfully.

I watched as Lauren eyed me curiously, narrowing her eyes as her face held a unreadable expression.

For what seemed like a long time when in reality it was only 2 minutes, she finally cleared her throat as she glaced down at her books, nodding her head as a slight smiled appeared on her face.

It looked fake. Oh whatever.

"Okay. Uh.. I guess that's a good enough reason for Iris to not be in detention. But you though, Camila, will have to stay back for detention okay?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her tone and opted instead to nod my head, turning back around to grab at Iris's arm as I walked with her to the back, sitting down as I motioned for her to take the free empty seat beside me.

"Demanding much." She whispered teasingly and I shrugged my shoulders playfully.
"Can't help myself some times." I teased back, smirking slightly at her face.

She smiled a little before touching my shoulder, caressing it as she rubbed slow circles against it up and down.
"Thanks. For helping me with Ms Jauregui." She whispered.

I nod my head, aware of her hand on my shoulder and the way she's looking at me until we both hear someone clearing their throat out loud.

I turned around, seeing Lauren looking down at her paper as she glances up at me, biting her lip before looking back down at her work.