Fear Of Drowning (Headcanon/One-Shot/IDEK)

Because I really don't know XD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME

Somebody suggested this a long time ago, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO! If you're the one who suggested this, tell me please so I can give you a dedication. I really hate not knowing things... But anyways, I noticed that a lot of my headcanons are really long so I'm going to try to make this short.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Percy wasn't afraid of water. He was terrified. It sounded stupid, but it was true. Ever since he almost drowned in mud, he was scared. What if the water failed him? What if nobody would care? What if the Son of Poseidon actually drowned? It was a scary thought. Imagine the tale of him when he was dead. He wouldn't be Percy Jackson anymore. He would be known as the Poseidon kid who got lost in the water and never came back. His scary thoughts clouded his mind until a stronger smell of seawater filled the room. Poseidon materialized next to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked and pulled Percy in for a bone-crushing hug.

"Northing Dard." Percy said, but his words were muffled by his father's clothes. The result of it was his whole sentence. 'Northing' and 'Dard.'

"Don't lie to me Percy." Poseidon said, letting go. "Something is bothering you."

Percy sighed. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"What is it?" Poseidon asked. "I won't laugh, Percy."

"I'm scared of drowning."

Poseidon started laughing. "Percy, you cannot drown."

"You're laughing. You don't understand, Dad. What if I do? What if suddenly I just DO?"

Poseidon turned serious. "Percy, you are my son. As long as the gods still exist I will not let you drown. I love you so much, as long as I am still the god of the seas and you can control water, I will never let you drown. You understand? The water is your territory. The water is your friend. Wherever you are, as long as you are in the water I will be there looking out for you."

Percy nodded but his heart still felt heavy. "Really? Are you sure?" Percy knew he sounded like a 4 year old, but this was his father. All his life it was his mother who was his shoulder to lean on, his rock. Percy felt the need to have the same relationship with him. Now he was Percy' shoulder.

"Positive." Poseidon said.

Percy smiled. "Thanks Dad."

Poseidon gave his son a hug, but less painful than before. "See you soon, my boy. If anything happens," he winked at his son. "Just call me." And there the sea god evaporated into water particles and left Percy thinking.

I am the son of the seas. I am not scared of water. My Dad loves me. He is Poseidon.

And he would never let me drown.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I love their relationship. Like father-son. Poseidon is really cool and I think it's awesome how he loves Percy more like a father should rather than a god.

Oh wait, I just realized I wrote this chappie before the Tratie one. So yeah.