Chapter 65.

Lexie's P.O.V:

I was now currently in the suite alone, Zayn was no where to be found. The girls decided to swim with Izzie and we all know it's impossible to tag along without any awkwardness. 

Izzie's leg felt better within a few hours. 

I reach for my phone that was on the side table, I texted Zayn for the nth time and yet still no response. I swear sometimes that boy just gives me head aches. 

Have I scared him off somehow? hmm 

'bish, calm the fuck down you're freaking yourself out' my subconscious argues and I gnawed at my bottom lip before setting my phone down and grabbing the remote control to flip through channels. 

I was disturbed by a knock on the door so I shuffled out of bed to open it. There stood Zayn's mom. "Hi dear" she greeted and I smiled. 

"Hi Trisha" 

"You're here alone?" she asked as she stepped in. "yes, Zayn sort of went rogue" I joked and she smiled.  "I'm sure he'll be here soon enough." 

She walked towards the bed and sat down. "you know Lexie we haven't talked sincerely since we've met" 

oh

"yes, I guess we never had the chance" I answered before sitting down next to her. 

"From the moment I met you Lexie I knew you were good for Zayn" she trailed off and my eyes shifted to the floor, smiling inwardly making sure to stay silent to let her go on.

really?

I was half naked when she first met me.

"I know my kids more than anything in this world and the day I met you, there was definitely a different kind of chemistry there" 

I licked my lips, trying to suppress a grin.  

"you make him happy" she nodded as she stared at her hands. "well Tisha" I answered, speaking up. 

"he makes me happy too... well, most of the time" I joked and she laughed.

 "Thank you for creating a wonderful human being" I giggled and she smiled. 

"you have a good sense of humor" she commented.

"Well, I'm on my way downstairs if you'd like to join the girls in swimming" she offers and I frown on the inside. "I'd love to but-" I sigh 

I cant say anything bad about Izzie 

I start to panic but then someone cut in"but she has to get ready" I heard a voice say and I relax at the sound. "how long were you there for sunshine?" Trisha asked her charming son, who was leaning against the wall.

"when Lexie thanked you for creating me" he chuckled. 

Ha Ha Ha cute

"mum, Lexie and I would love to join you but I do have a surprise for her" 

I was taken back and I looked at him silently questioning him and he just smiled. "oh you got that romantic side from your father" Trisha smiled adoringly. 

and I have to admit so did I

"well I'll see you two tomorrow?" she turned to look at me asking. "Of course" I confirm and she hugged me before striding over to Zayn to peck him on the cheek. We both look at the door lock shut and he turns to look at me smirking. 

"I saved your ass" he laughed lightly. "excuse you?" I raised an eye brow at him. 

"I covered up for the thing about not wanting to join the girls" he clarified