Chapter 60.

Zayn's P.O.V

After a quite satisfying experience with Lexie I cant help but let my thoughts run wild, the reality of the current situation I am is starting sink in— oh not the whole I'm dating my student part but the this is getting serious part.

"Zayn" My father calls out, I release my thoughts momentarily and feel Lexie squeeze my hand that was on top of her thigh, I turned to look at the stunning girl beside me and smile before turning to look at my dad "uh sorry kind of spaced out there" I said as I cleared my throat.

"What are you having son" my father asked yet again I suppose I sense from his tone.

"Uh the roasted chicken with asparagus and corn" I answered with a tight lipped smile, "thats all" My mom chimed in after the waitress wrote it down. 

"So.." Doniya trailed off "so"? I mimicked which caused Don to roll her eyes "how are things at the hospital Don"My mum asked

"Things have been pretty good mum, although it has been pretty busy." My mom hummed and replied "why so dear?"

"Erm well minor accidents like on skate boarding and such" Doniya answered and her face squirmed "what?" Wal asked "nothing" Don answered "I just remember the broken arm of a young boy I met a few weeks ago"

I was tracing little circles on Lexie's thigh and just as I was slowly making my way up I heard my sister use my name in a sentence
"Remember when you were a bad boy Zayn" Don teased I frowned and Lexie giggled "now was he?" She cheekily chimed in.

"Why yes he was quite the heart throb for ladies looking for trouble" My mum answered jokingly to my wonderful girlfriend before I could even protest. "He used to shred a lot" Don mocked my accent.

"Yes he was quite the rebel" My father joked and and I rolled my eyes playfully before looking over at Lexie.

'Student, you're dating your student'  I hear Izzie's voice shout in my head the night we fought, I removed my hand from Lexie's thigh and took a sip of water. Lexie shifted in her seat before looking over at me worriedly. 

"what's wrong?" she whispered, leaning towards me slightly. "nothing, love" I answered. I cleared my throat and got up "I just need a smoke" I told my family and My father stood up as well before saying "I'll go with you." 

well okay then. 

-----

"then be with me" she practically begged "end it with Lexie, choose me."

Of course I did.

"we can finally be together" Izzie stroked my cheek with her thumb. "I am in love with you Zayn"

Of course I did.

"Zayn?" Izzie called out warily, knowing I zoned out.

Of course I did.

I did.

"I did" I said and removed her hands from me, and stepping away.

"I did" I repeated. "I fucking did, did Iz, did." 

Flashbacks of that night running through my head as we walk outside. Lord god. 

"She's your student!" Izzie says out loud 

"you're dating a student" 

"she's my girlfriend!" I argue with Izzie 

"she's my fucking girlfriend" I

"you look preoccupied" My father interrupted my thoughts.

 "uh yeah" I clear y throat "possibly just climate" I excuse myself but what bullshit did I just say?

Dad nodded, knowing something was definitely bothering me"Lexie is a wonderful girl"  he chimed in before taking a lighter and lighting up the bud of the cigarette.  

"yeah she is" I smiled, genuinely looking back at the restaurant seeing my girlfriend laugh with my sisters. 

"Izzie-" My dad trailed off "No" I cut him off politely-ish 

"Zayn, she texted me this morning saying that she hopes we would have a great trip" 

"Tell her thanks" I sighed snappily, if that makes sense. 

"Zayn"

no. 

"Zayn" My father repeated 

"Zayn" he said sternly. "what" I sighed in defeat. 

"When she visited our house before we had to leave I insisted she should come with us but she refused and head on her way, she didn't  even say good bye to you and it was really obvious that this was a big fight between you two" My dad sighed and continued. 

"to be honest, I always thought you'd end up with her" My father admitted and I take a long puff from my cigarette before blowing out the smoke and chuckling lowly. "yes well, I found someone better" I answer. 

"Zayn what ever happened between you and Izzie that night, you should fix it. She means a lot to you as you do to her, and yes best friends that's fine but at least patch things up." My father advised before throwing his cigarette inside the bin. 

"I suggest you do it quickly" he called out before stepping inside the restaurant. I hummed before leaning towards the post and throwing my cigarette inside the bin. 

As if fixing shit after what happened is as easy as my father makes it to be, and plus she was unreasonable. 

'oh please, it's partly your fault too' my thoughts chimed  in and I groan.

I hear the door behind me open up and I turn around to see Lexie "babe, food's there" I feel my lips twitch into a smile and I hug her and she wraps her small arms around me "you're amazing" I mumble 

She pulls away and I kiss her forehead "you are too malik" 

I am unbelievably lucky. 

Lexie takes my hand and leads me inside.

if izzie really loved me then she would want me to be happy, and this girl right here pulling me towards the dinner table makes me insanely happy. 

---

Lexie's P.O.V:

The rest of the night was quite normal, but then again Zayn was definitely deep in thought, still. However so far the trip has been good, his family is absolutely amazing. 

Not to mention his sisters are just as pretty as he is, especially his mother, and his father isn't so bad either. 

We arrive at the lobby and Zayn takes my hand in his before bringing it up to his lips to kiss the back of my hand. 

God his eyes are beautiful. 

"love where are you going?" Zayn's mom cuts my thoughts and even Zayn looks puzzled. WE all head straight for the bar and I see a blonde sitting on the bar stool and everything comes back. I swallow and hear Wal's voice confirm my thoughts. 

"Izzie!!" 

well shit. 

author's note:

aye please don't hate me love u all xx I'll write as much as I can but we have a basketball league coming up plus a speech choir competition, so yes hope you enjoy this and comment okay lovlies xx