Chapter 55.

Zayn's P.O.V:

"I'm shitting my pants" Lexie whined as I stuffed our bags in the trunk "again you have nothing to worry about" I assure her before striding over to the driver's seat.

I'm shitting my pants too but she doesn't need to know that

"Your sisters can throw me off a boat you know that right?" She exaggerated "they wont, Wal already adores you"

Well yeah because Walihya loves everything that's pretty

"you seem like a hard family to please" I smirked at her words, letting dirty images of Lexie pleasing me flood my mind.

"It's not that hard actually" Lexie slapped my arm realizing what I meant "you are such a perv"

"but seriously babe everything's going to be fine yeah?" I tried to convince her but she sighed in defeat "yeah you know what, maybe I am over thinking things" she sighed but I knew she was still unsure.

"yeah plus mom really likes you" I shrugged before clicking on my seatbelt and reaching over to Lexie so I could click on her seat belt "safety first" I smiled before kissing her lips briefly and resting both hands on the wheel.

"she does?" she asked stunned "well yeah I mean she asks things about you and I answer them truthfully and she says you're quite charming" I smiled at her before driving out of the parking space.

"charming" she repeated mostly to herself "does she uh know— that well you know"

I shook my head at her words not wanting to discuss the fact that she's my student "of course not"

"sorry" she murmured, noticing my change of mood. I simply nodded and let it go.

"does it bother you that much though?" she murmured, her voice extremely soft. I shift in my seat, scared to disappoint her.

"Lex, you know that it doesn't but-" I hesitate before continuing "but when it comes to my family knowing about the matter,the thought doesn't settle well with me"

'Of fucking course it doesn't settle well with you, it's your family and your girlfriend is your student.' my subconscious reasons out.

shut up.

Lexie simply nodded, I saw her in my peripheral view and she was chewing on her bottom lip "Lexie don't" I huff and she releases it immediately, muttering a simple 'sorry'

"Lex do you want to get anything to eat?" I change the subject, hoping the awkward atmosphere would subside.

"uh no" she smiled, but it was a tight lipped.

well shit.

"Lex-"

"you know what I think I'll crash for a bit it is 4am after all" and with that she reclined her chair.

I sighed in defeat, reaching to turn the volume of the music down.

"thanks" Lexie muttered under her breath, barely audible and I frowned silently scowling at her.

great, I have a stubborn  girlfriend.

I continue driving for about 45 minutes now and I make sure to pass by Mc Donald's just because I know Lexie would want to eat.

Just because she's being stubborn doesn't mean I have to.

"babe" I wake her up lightly, as I wait for the light to go green. "I bought Pancakes and hash browns" I say before unbuckling my seat belt to kiss her on the cheek but quickly putting it back on.