Chapter 57.

Zayn's P.O.V:

We're going to be okay.

"so where do you want to go first?" I ask her despite the clear tension around us. "it's up to you" she answers softly and reaches for her phone to plug into the aux. "your home town babe"

As I register her words, I breath a sigh of relief when I heard the word babe "thank god" I say, barely audible "what?" she asked

"nothing" I nod and she just hums in response "we're weird aren't we?"

her sentence catches me off guard "and by weird you mean cute?" I try to joke, in a desperate attempt to lighten the mood but she doesn't buy it. "you know what I mean" she breaths out.

"yeah" I shrug as I turn right "but who the hell wants a normal relationship?" I smile at her and she smirks "no one I guess"

"exactly" I nod before parking the car

"so where have you taken me?" Lexie asked as she and I got out of the car.

I looked around the familiar park and saw the old ice cream place across the park and hold Lexie's hand "we're going over there" I point towards the small building and she grins "ice cream?"

"yeah I mean I did tell mum we were getting ice cream" I shrugged and she smirked and nodded at what I said.

"I remember pushing Wal on the swings there" I nudge my head to the right, to the old worn out swing set next to the see saw's "hmm you two seem very close" Lexie nods and I notice her eyes shift to the old oak tree, next to the swing set.

"fell from that tree quite a few times in my days here" I frown at the memories of me falling and breaking my arm in the process. "well that's what you get for trying to climb a very old and very tall tree" she chuckles.

"I could still so climb that tree" I bragged and she cocked an eye brow "I so dare you" she copied my accent and I grabbed her waist and spun her around so our faces were inches apart

"do you?" I whisper against her lips and she stares at them before shifting her gaze to my eyes

"I do" as I was about to lean in, she pushed my chest and ran to the tree and I was in shock as she began to climb it.

oh no, oh no no no no no

"Lexie get down from there" I say as I approach the bottom of the tree

"make me, sir" she stressed the last word, to tease me and I smirked, fully aware of what she was trying to make me do.

"I'm not climbing that tree Lexie" I say as I look at her while she climbs another branch.

She stops abruptly and looks down at me with a smug look on her face "oh where's the big talker huh?" she challenged before elevating herself once again.

"down here, because the big talker's girlfriend might fall and break her ribs"

She cocked an eye brow at my statement "I am not going to fall" she protested.

I looked around the park to see that we were the only two people there "Lexie just get down from there" I sigh at her stubborn actions.

"No"

"Lexie"

"Make me."

"Lexie" I say a bit loudly. "Please get down form there, I wouldn't want to punish you in the same house as my parents"

Her eyes widened at my statement and she looked at me and swallowed "you're kidding right?" she asked and I don't know whether her tone was challenging or she was giving in.